Graham Norton Page 4

Graham Norton's show 'axed'.

Quote: zooo @ April 23 2007, 1:24 PM BST

Yeah!

Didn't he do something where he had a straight flatmate too...?

Terry & Julian.

That's Julian Clary not Graham Norton btw

Thing with Norton is that I recall when he left C4 he made noises about how the series (So Graham Norton) had run its course and they couldn't think of anything left to do with it etc etc, and he said as much in his book I think. Then goes to the BBC for a huge sum of money, the Beeb shove him on everything and nothing works, so they wind up making a clone of his old show and leave him on that. A show he had publicly said was out of steam and finished.

Everything else he does is standard Saturday Night telly stuff - the money they spend on him just isn't worth it as most of his work can be done by the likes of Tess Daly or Steve Jones etc. In other words, he is a presenter with nothing to present so why do they pay him millions to do the same as kids/teenage TV show graduates? The move to the BBC just didn't work. They didn't know what to do with him. Still don't. Eurovision will probably be his salvation but they can't justify his salary just for that.

That said, I don't mind him much, its just that he's got nothing to do.

Quote: Maurice Minor @ July 6 2009, 1:33 PM BST

the likes of Tess Daly or Steve Jones

Sick

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 6 2009, 1:07 PM BST

Graham Norton's show 'axed'.

Mmm, I wonder if that had anything to do with it being total moronic toss. No, I can't imagine that being the reason.

I never watched it, seemed like utter shite. Obviously quite a few people had similar thoughts.

I watched the first episode.

What a mistake that was.

Graham Norton, axe... someone has been reading my Kill Book.

Alan Carr is the new Graham Norton. I quite like Chatty Man now.

Quote: zooo @ July 6 2009, 4:43 PM BST

Alan Carr is the new Graham Norton.

If I was a gay I'd be pretty miffed that these two are the best we can come up with.

Can't stand him, he's a c**t. He's also hardly been remotely funny since appearing on Father Ted.

I watched a minimal amount of his show, but he annoyed the f**k out of me by doing that cliched "eerrrrmmm" thing after every gag. I remember a Lee and Herring sketch where they exposed the "errrrmmm" for the cheap tool it is. It's like, every single stand up guy or gal does that, and once you're aware of it it's really f**king irritating.

Haha! Yes, every time any comic does the 'ermmm' I remember that sketch.

Thing is EVERYONE does it now and then, even the good comedians. Grr.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ July 6 2009, 1:17 PM BST

Terry & Julian.

That's Julian Clary not Graham Norton btw

That was a weird show. I love Lee Simpson, but Terry was just so dull and drab. And the whole concept of the show got irritating after about 2 episodes.

Back to Graham Norton - I think his problem is that he gets huge amounts of money from the Beeb, so can't turn down their offers. And they want to make him into a family entertainer. I used to enjoy his C4 shows. He is fantastically funny on Just a Minute, but he irritates me as a presenter.

Quote: Aaron @ July 6 2009, 3:24 PM BST

Sick

Well exactly. Andthat's the point - they are bland, shiny, plastic, permatanned presenters simply there to link stuff. Norton basically doesn't do anything more than that now, but is paid £5m...

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 6 2009, 3:27 PM BST

Mmm, I wonder if that had anything to do with it being total moronic toss. No, I can't imagine that being the reason.

Surely all that prime-time weekend junk is toss? I don't know why they find it so difficult. Just stick on a quiz and a bit of variety, then a sitcom and a film. Simples...

I ought to be at the BBC... :P

Quote: chipolata @ July 6 2009, 4:52 PM BST

If I was a gay I'd be pretty miffed that these two are the best we can come up with.

They are infinitely better than B.. Bbb... Barurgh Sick *tries again* - Barrowman.Errr

Gah! Glittery new family-friendly telly-poof du jour. A face you'd never tire of punching.

I think Father Ted is best thing he has done, call me old fashioned but to me looking up dirty websites on TV isn't humour.