Graham Norton

Has anyone been watching Graham Norton (or the 'Uncut' variant)? God knows why - or why I'm admitting so - but I've actually been rather enjoying it.
Not sure I'd go to a recording mind, but more than enjoyable enough to watch. Maybe it's the quality of the guests...

I don't like Graham Norton because his comedy is so easy and its lazy e.g. He'll turn anything you say into a joke about a man inserting his penis into another man. Same goes for Black comedians (difference between black and white) and observational comedians (who only talk about their girl/boy friend)

Having said that the guy stuck in the TARDIS was hilarious

That whole TARDIS thing looked set up to me - a bit like a GMTV phone-in.

As for Graham - well he gives me the willies!

That last line was in tribute to his ability to turn everything into penis humour as Adam has already mentioned.

Quote: ajp29 @ April 23, 2007, 2:37 AM

I don't like Graham Norton because his comedy is so easy and its lazy

But do you not find it funny because it's like that, or do you not find it funny because it just doesn't "tickle" you? Or do you in fact find it funny, but wish that you didn't?

Quote: ajp29 @ April 23, 2007, 2:37 AM

Having said that the guy stuck in the TARDIS was hilarious

I particularly enjoyed the guy in the forklift actually driving off in completely the wrong direction. Brilliant.

I watch it sometimes. I actually like him though because he's not just sexual innuendo although a lot of it is. Like Julian Carey who I can't stand.

I don't really think of him as a comedian - although he did used to do stand up, didn't he? He's a good presenter though, because he's likeable.

I also like Julian Clary. Used to like him in the 80s when I was wee, when he had that little dog.

The Joan Collins Fanclub

Yeah!

Didn't he do something where he had a straight flatmate too...?

Quote: Aaron @ April 23, 2007, 10:05 AM

But do you not find it funny because it's like that, or do you not find it funny because it just doesn't "tickle" you? Or do you in fact find it funny, but wish that you didn't?

I'm just bitter when people get paid to do stuff which anyone could do. Sometimes hes funny but thats when hes not making jokes about being gay. If i see a joke cumming then I don't find it funny.

I like him. i know where you are saying with the sexual innuendo (in-your-endo [cred: Scrubs]) and I think this show is like that a lot. But he is a guy who makes light about a whole bunch of situations. he is just a very easy going fellow, but his show doesn't do him justice i don't think. His Bigger Picture show, i thought, was much better for him as it allowed him to show off some of his more topical jokes.

Have to say, Bigger Picture really was very good indeed.

Quote: zooo @ April 23, 2007, 12:14 PM

I also like Julian Clary. Used to like him in the 80s when I was wee, when he had that little dog.

Can't say I'm old enough to remember him back then, but I do like him also. Not sure why though. I find his voice to be awfully calming too...

Julian Clary was on Paul O'Grady's show today.

They always have good chemistry seeing as there neighbours lol.

I thought the uproar about him fisting Norman Lamont was a bit over the top.

Especially considering Lamont fisted the country on Black Wednesday

If anyone 'fisted' the country, I think it was more the monetary speculators than Norman Lamont! He just mis-managed our involvement in the ERM. Really badly.