Not a good day in the North East Page 2

This was a great day, they are both shit and both deserve to go down. Hopefully now those horrible Newcastle fans will realise they are not a big club.

Are there any good days in the North East?

Quote: Lee Henman @ May 25 2009, 2:39 AM BST

I'm from the Boro and it's been a weird time recently watching various mates / acquaintances being genuinely gutted to the point of depression about the footie relegation. One friend couldn't even muster the energy to go to his 3-year-old daughter's birthday party, and spent the day in mourning instead.
Some might say that's an admirable dedication to the sport. I say it's just a game and the selfish twat should sort his life and priorities out.

But that's just one opinion.

My goodness! I LOVE my team and Im truly gutted but this is just too far! Now that the news has started to sink in, I am strangly looking forward to next season and hopefully seeing the start of something new at Newcastle. Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer to still be in the premier league but it's time to stop the rot. I'm going to St James' Park today to watch my brother play and it's gonna be a weird atmosphere I'm sure.

I'm from the Boro and it's been a weird time recently watching various mates / acquaintances being genuinely gutted to the point of depression about the footie relegation. One friend couldn't even muster the energy to go to his 3-year-old daughter's birthday party, and spent the day in mourning instead.
Some might say that's an admirable dedication to the sport. I say it's just a game and the selfish twat should sort his life and priorities out.

It wasn't Silvio Berlusconi, was it?

Quote: Quentin @ May 26 2009, 12:05 PM BST

My goodness! I LOVE my team and Im truly gutted but this is just too far! Now that the news has started to sink in, I am strangly looking forward to next season and hopefully seeing the start of something new at Newcastle. Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer to still be in the premier league but it's time to stop the rot.

Here here!

Quote: Scottidog @ May 24 2009, 10:27 PM BST

I see Nil putters is no where to be seen

*gives the finger*

Quote: Chappers @ May 26 2009, 1:08 AM BST

I see Ferguson is talking about another 5 years. Obviously he thinks he's irreplaceable. Arrogant twat.

Maybe he just enjoys his job . . ?

Honestly! You boys and your football. It's all 'football, football, football', isn't it. Why, for Heavens' sake, aren't you all out f**king, eh? I don't know -'men'!

I see Ferguson is talking about another 5 years. Obviously he thinks he's irreplaceable. Arrogant twat.

What has this thread has to do with Man United anyway Dave? Oh yes, nothing. You just can't stop thinking about us. I think he is irreplaceable and his successor, no matter how good, will never be as good as Alex. It will be a sad day when he leaves Old Trafford. And using words like twat Dave, to speak of a man who has achieved so much in his managerial career is just a bit bitter I would say.

Quote: Quentin @ May 24 2009, 10:43 PM BST

Im devastated! It still hasn't quite sunk in yet! It's been awful to see the way the club has just bad poor decision ater poor decision for more years than I care to remember at this present time. I'm not ashamed to admit it's been a teary day in my household. I can't quite contemplate that we'll be in the Championship next year! The club means so much to me and I can't bear to witness the rot. But, as I bought a three year season ticket last year looks like I'm gonna have to. I know a lot of people don't have much symapthy for us and I don't blame them but the City is filled to the brim with devoted fans who don't deserve the chaos of the past few years. Sad, sad day! Teary

Playing my local team Peterborough in a league match is pretty grim considering you were beating Barcelona not that long ago. Trying to imagine Michael Owen at London Road but can't see it somehow.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 26 2009, 1:26 PM BST

Honestly! You boys and your football. It's all 'football, football, football', isn't it. Why, for Heavens' sake, aren't you all out f**king, eh? I don't know -'men'!

Despite what my username may suggest, I am no man! Doesn't exempt me from the rest of your post though :P

Laughing out loud
He's the greatest manager the world has seen to date. Any footie fan here would kill to swap the last two decades of United history for their own club history.

It's not as if he landed at the world's greatest club, with a world-beating team already in place. He turned United from average into a monster of a team, rebuilt them several times. He did it at unfashionable Aberdeen too. So in that respect, yes, he's irreplaceable. As for arrogance, surely Mourinho (and good ol' Cloughie) could beat him on that score.
:)

Quote: Quentin @ May 26 2009, 5:48 PM BST

Despite what my username may suggest, I am no man!

Neither am I, according to SlagB.

Quote: SlagA @ May 26 2009, 6:35 PM BST

As for arrogance, surely Mourinho (and good ol' Cloughie) could beat him on that score.

At least they HAD character!

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 26 2009, 4:30 PM BST

What has this thread has to do with Man United anyway Dave? Oh yes, nothing. You just can't stop thinking about us. I think he is irreplaceable and his successor, no matter how good, will never be as good as Alex. It will be a sad day when he leaves Old Trafford. And using words like twat Dave, to speak of a man who has achieved so much in his managerial career is just a bit bitter I would say.

It's just a shame no-one else gets the time to prove themselves like he did.

He was on the verge of the sack.

I know that, but football was different back then than it is today and chairmen were a bit more loyal to there managers.
Anyway, back on topic please, this has nothing to do with Manchester United, it is about two North Eastern teams getting relegated.

Absolutely the right one too.

I'm chuffed to bits that the Tigers stayed up and, yes, it was a tense afternoon.
You've got to keep a sense of proportion about these things though. After all, none of the sides involved covered themselves in glory, did they.
The trouble with the Geordies is that they get too wrapped up in their own mythology. Also, they will insist on looking for a Messiah to lead them instead of simply wanting a qualified and experienced manager.

The media always go on about how Newcastle fans are somehow more fanatical about their team than any other fans, but this is just an illusion, created by the fact that the city only has one big team. The same thing happens with Barcelona, and Napoli. If other cities, like Manchester, Liverpool, London or Glasgow only had the one big team, their fans would also appear more fanatical.