Not a good day in the North East Page 4

You could have kept the booooooring football talk to this one thread!
;)

Oh well, it's Ellie who has to read all the General threads. Ha.

*Laughs too*

*Thinks: What a boring thing to have to do*

I was dancing up and down earlier in the week when I heard this. Good rddance to the useless, overrated, mercenary little scrote. I've seldom been as happy supporting Newcastle Utd in the past year now that he's gone. This is the 2nd best moment of the last year, beaten only by Dennis Wise scurrying ... Ashley and Llamblias must go next, give us our club back. Angry

Hopefully we'll get a half decent consortium this time and not the c**ts we had to endure post Shepherd (who along with Hall was laregely to blame for the clubs massive decline in fortunes (pocketing portions of the clubs money for themselves) and ultimately relegation. Ashley merely stepped on the accelerator. Angry

About Owen, I was hoping he'd go to Hull or something and get AIDS or motor neurone disease, or something else horrible. When I saw the picture of the horrible little turd pictured in the glory seakers shirt earlier in the week it made me sick. Horrible little turd. Good riddance, though- the twat. Still, he should score more than 15 (or whatever it was) for the them given the servivce he'll get (and the fact he'll be rooted to the six yard box most of the match). Well he might if he gets a run out in the Carling cup against teams like Bury, Halifax, Omsk and Finn Harps.

I was highly sceptical to begin with when he signed for us in 2005 and 4 years has hardly ever changed that. He's been totally done for a couple of seasons or more now, I've witnessed enough carefree performances for us to know that if he's paid a pretty high salary by another club (Man Utd) he won't be arsed for them either. Even otherwise he's not good enough anymore at the top level, hasn't been for sometime. Even at his peak he rarely ever scored more than 20 goals per season anyway.

A free transfer for the prawn sarnie brigade, sure, but the baggage far outweights the end product, or lack of these days. I'm just happy/relieved that he's left the Toon- he was perhaps the worst signing we've ever made given the vast money spent (certainly one of them). His high opinion of himself is sickening given his current record. Hope he fails for the res of his career/life.

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 3 2009, 7:18 PM BST

I can't see how this is possibly a good move for United.

We can only pray.

(That it's NOT a goods move!)

I think Owen and Rooney will be awsome together (barring injury), for United AND England. The more the two of them play together, the more chance we have of winning the World Cup next year.

I hope England don't win the World Cup to be honest. I'd be sick hearing about it.

Quote: catskillz @ July 6 2009, 11:48 PM BST

I think Owen and Rooney will be awsome together (barring injury), for United AND England. The more the two of them play together, the more chance we have of winning the World Cup next year.

They won't be able to play together.* They're too similar. You need Crouch for England.

* I hope not for the Scum anyway.

Hopefully he'll (Owen) get injured badly [/sour grapes]

Quote: Chappers @ July 7 2009, 12:07 AM BST

You need Crouch for England.

Agreed. He's very undervalued.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ July 6 2009, 9:31 PM BST

Even at his peak he rarely ever scored more than 20 goals per season anyway.

Yeah, God he was awful. Rolling eyes

Quote: PhQnix @ July 7 2009, 12:19 AM BST

Yeah, God he was awful. Rolling eyes

Even Andy f**king Cole managed 40-odd one season. :P

... but once he was figured out he didn't get near that type of total again. Scored about 1 chance in every 6 once he left us. :D

Are Newcastle United still playing thesedays?

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 7 2009, 9:10 AM BST

Yes we're playing in WIKATSDTD.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 7 2009, 9:10 AM BST

:|

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 7 2009, 9:31 AM BST

Laughing out loud You crack me up Tim.

I take that back. Unimpressed

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 7 2009, 9:33 AM BST

:|

I take that back. Unimpressed

Sorry, Nil. On a more sympathetic and serious note, however much laughter the shennanigans at Toon may have caused amongst the press and fans of other teams, it really is disgraceful how brilliantly-loyal and cheerful Newcastle fans have been treated over the years. You deserve better (and I truly mean that). :)

No football club has a devine right to success or doing well, mate. We're no different. It's depressing right now around teh club, everything is up in the air, futures of players, the in's and out's, Shearer's future, the club's sale nothing concrete has been said about any of this and to be given the way things are at the moment anything could happen next season. We could sink, stabalize or swim (hopefully the latter). However, I remember the Bald Eagle and Smith era too, so I've seen the club in even worse state than now- at our lowest ever ebb more or less (hope we don't reach that point again...) - with the current clueless buffons running things at boardroom level I fear the worst, unless they're got rid of the club will never move foward or even stabalize.

The abysmal new kits were one insult too many to the fans. We hear the horrible banana away kit isn't exactly flying off the shelves – but then neither is the new home kit. Well done – give Ashley nowt.

Hopefully it's on the road to promotion next season (more hopeful at this stage than design of course)... in reality who knows what's going to happen.

WIKATSDTD: What is known as the Second division thesedays. I hate that stupid Championship moniker. :P