Not a good day in the North East

The two main teams in the North East have been relegated today. I'm glad they have both gone to be honest, Middlesbrough as they have bored me to death on Match of the Day over the years and despite a great Uefa Cup a few years ago, they have played boring football. It was inevitable Newcastle went down-hill due to all the messing about with managers over the years. Firstly, the big mistake was Bobby Robson getting sacked as he got them Champions League football two seasons running and then a Uefa Cup spot, but as they had a bad few games at the start of the 2004-2005 season, he got sacked, so the club went down-hill from there with the spells of Greame Souness and Glen Roeder. Then in came Big Sam and everyone thought great, but he didn't succeed, so he was sacked. If you ask me, that was a mistake as I believe Big Sam would have got them back on track had he been given more time. Then Kevin Keegan came, purely on sentiment in my opinion. So he left (as he always does, but he was right to leave this time in my opinion as the politics of the club were all wrong), so in came Joe Kinnear, who obviously needs to go on a public relations course- had N'Zogbia for example have stayed, would Newcastle have been relegated today. Due to Kinnear's illness, in came Assistant Coach Chris Houghton who didn't have the know how to be a manager, so it was left to the legend that is Alan Shearer. A great player maybe, but having no managerial experience in a relegation fight isn't a good idea. The politics at the club is all wrong and this day has seemed likely for some time, due to the club's politics. There is no doubt about it, with the squad and the players the club have, had managers been treated better by the board, then there is no-way this team would have been relegated.

:O Do you have a barbed wire glove for BSDM-style fisting sessions?

I see Nil putters is no where to be seen

:)

Im devastated! It still hasn't quite sunk in yet! It's been awful to see the way the club has just bad poor decision ater poor decision for more years than I care to remember at this present time. I'm not ashamed to admit it's been a teary day in my household. I can't quite contemplate that we'll be in the Championship next year! The club means so much to me and I can't bear to witness the rot. But, as I bought a three year season ticket last year looks like I'm gonna have to. I know a lot of people don't have much symapthy for us and I don't blame them but the City is filled to the brim with devoted fans who don't deserve the chaos of the past few years. Sad, sad day! Teary

I'm from the Boro and it's been a weird time recently watching various mates / acquaintances being genuinely gutted to the point of depression about the footie relegation. One friend couldn't even muster the energy to go to his 3-year-old daughter's birthday party, and spent the day in mourning instead.
Some might say that's an admirable dedication to the sport. I say it's just a game and the selfish twat should sort his life and priorities out.

But that's just one opinion.

Quote: Lee Henman @ May 25 2009, 2:39 AM BST

One friend couldn't even muster the energy to go to his 3-year-old daughter's birthday party, and spent the day in mourning instead.
Some might say that's an admirable dedication to the sport. I say it's just a game and the selfish twat should sort his life and priorities out.

No that's my opinion too.

One friend couldn't even muster the energy to go to his 3-year-old daughter's birthday party, and spent the day in mourning instead.

What a wanky thing to do.

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2009, 1:14 PM BST

Well put. :)

Some people don't deserve to have kids...

Very true! There are more important things in life than football.

However on Jacks post about Newcastle - I hope AS stays and builds a firm foundation on which to return to the Premiership. Although I don't think they will be back next year.

Poetry zooo, poetry.

:)
Well we can't all get boinked on the head with a dictionary every morning.

I have cuts all over my face, I look like a piss head now.

I'm from the Boro and it's been a weird time recently watching various mates / acquaintances being genuinely gutted to the point of depression about the footie relegation. One friend couldn't even muster the energy to go to his 3-year-old daughter's birthday party, and spent the day in mourning instead.

It's also the correct opinion.

I see Ferguson is talking about another 5 years. Obviously he thinks he's irreplaceable. Arrogant twat.

Quote: Aaron @ May 25 2009, 11:36 PM BST

It's also the correct opinion.

There are both sides to every story but in this case - this side of the story is 100% right.

F**king idiots.