What are you writing? Page 4

And very historically accurate.
George MacDonald Fraser seems to have a major hate on for Tom Brown's School Days.

I finished writing a pilot recently with my writing partner. Its currently with certain people who are goig to give feed back. It is true, its not what you know its who you know.But on the other hand doesn't matter who you know a as they can't make you write a decent script.

Quote: Deferenz @ April 9 2009, 11:01 AM BST

Greybloke and Chris - do you play on 360 or PS3?

Def.

PC.

And thanks both. Off to try the ladder.

Quote: Matt Skillington @ April 10 2009, 12:32 PM BST

I finished writing a pilot recently with my writing partner. Its currently with certain people who are goig to give feed back. It is true, its not what you know its who you know.But on the other hand doesn't matter who you know a as they can't make you write a decent script.

So the question is - who do you know?

I'm making notes on a sitcom character I'm creating.

I've recently written two sitcom pilots, one that is in the hands of a producer at BBC North and the other with someone at BBC London.

I'm currently writing my third sitcom pilot about a Children's Entertainment Business. :)

Quote: Matt Skillington @ April 10 2009, 12:32 PM BST

It is true, its not what you know its who you know.

I wish that were true.

Thought I'd attempt to resurrect this thread, which was started by the dashing yet dangerous Marc P... :)

Somewhere to tell us as much, or as little, as you'd like about your latest writing project.

Myself, I'm in the middle of a sitcom pilot set in an Intensive Care Unit. The first time I've written anything medically-based, as I try to stay away from writing anything directly related to my job. Hopefully it has a different enough take on hospitals/the NHS to sufficiently distinguish it from 'Getting On'.

So, what about everyone else?

A time travel feature film.

A new sketch show pilot.

Stand up for the next Clown Chowder.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 1 2011, 2:29 PM GMT

Myself, I'm in the middle of a sitcom pilot set in an Intensive Care Unit.

Would there by any chance be a really camp Doctor, who enters the room with the catchphrase, "I see you, Nurse!"?

Beaten to a pun by Leevil? I think I might just kill myself

Quote: sootyj @ February 1 2011, 2:48 PM GMT

Beaten to in a pbun by Leevil? I think I might just kthrill myself

Quote: David Bussell @ February 1 2011, 2:34 PM GMT

Have you written a feature screenplay before. I wrote my first last year and realised just what a different and trickier prospect it is compared to writing a 30 minute sitcom.

Quote: David Bussell @ February 1 2011, 2:34 PM GMT

A new sketch show pilot.

A funny, drama, fantasy thing about teenagers growing up in an odd little Cumbrian town.

A family based sitcom.

A sitcom about a guy who kills people.

Some other stuff.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 1 2011, 2:52 PM GMT

Have you written a feature screenplay before.

I have, and they were all absolute arse gravy. That was before I tried my hand at comedy and everything I wrote turned to pure gold.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 1 2011, 2:52 PM GMT

Have you written a feature screenplay before. I wrote my first last year and realised just what a different and trickier prospect it is compared to writing a 30 minute sitcom.

I started out writing features about ten years ago. The first six scripts I wrote were films in fact. Really shitty ones.

In relation to sitcoms I definitely find features a more daunting a prospect.