What are you writing? Page 5

I started out writing films too. Crappy Tarantino clones. My name is Robert Rodriguez.

Quote: Griff @ February 1 2011, 2:48 PM GMT

Trying to only work on one thing at a time,

That was what I told myself at the start of this year, hasn't quite worked out so far though! I'm working on far too many things really, so I'm trying to give each thing my sole attention for a few days at a time.

Quote: Leevil @ February 1 2011, 3:00 PM GMT

Crappy Tarantino clones.

Amen, brother.

Is there anyone here who didn't write a shit Tarantino rip off screenplay?
Mine was about a girl. In fact I wrote Kill Bill before he did, the loser.

Quote: zooo @ February 1 2011, 3:20 PM GMT

Mine even had two hitmen who chit-chatted in a not at all Pulp Fiction fashion on their way to kill people. The big twist is that they were also GHOSTS!!!

*hangs head in shame*

Laughing out loud
Excellent.

Laughing out loud

Mine was about four guys on the run who hated each other, why they didn't go their separate ways I have no idea. >_<

Gave up sitcom writing, too much of a slog. Currently working on a quiz show idea and an iPhone app.

Quote: Balf @ April 9 2009, 11:49 PM GMT

Notes for a possible radio show about grocery delivery drivers. Back at the Depot is the title, but this may, no will, change.

;)' Deliverence'?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 1 2011, 3:21 PM GMT

Mine even had two hitmen who chit-chatted in a not at all Pulp Fiction fashion on their way to kill people. The big twist is that they were also GHOSTS!!!

*hangs head in shame*

Amazing! The old "But he's been dead for 10 years.." shock ending! Love it.

I have never ever ever, even just so much as once, considered writing a shit screenplay about Tarrant or for that matter Tino whoever he / she might be.

*Feels sense of pride at not having fallen into beginners' trap*

Do you honestly not know who Quentin Tarantino is? Was it you who hadn't heard of Frankie Boyle?

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 1 2011, 2:29 PM GMT

Thought I'd attempt to resurrect this thread, which was started by the dashing yet dangerous Marc P... :)

Somewhere to tell us as much, or as little, as you'd like about your latest writing project.

Myself, I'm in the middle of a sitcom pilot set in an Intensive Care Unit. The first time I've written anything medically-based, as I try to stay away from writing anything directly related to my job. Hopefully it has a different enough take on hospitals/the NHS to sufficiently distinguish it from 'Getting On'.

So, what about everyone else?

Eh? So am I you cad!, provisional title 'Spinal Tape'. Cant get beyond the usual 'Carry On' humour though.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 1 2011, 3:53 PM GMT

Do you honestly not know who Quentin Tarantino is? Was it you who hadn't heard of Frankie Boyle?

Do you mind? Of course I do! He wrote the Naked Civil Servant didn't he?

Here, I'm not fick you know.

Err...Frankie who?

Eh?

I think you mean Quentin Crisp.

Unless you're joking. I don't get jokes.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 1 2011, 4:04 PM GMT

Eh?

I think you mean Quentin Crisp.

Unless you're joking. I don't get jokes.

Right, just who's kidding who here? I'm scared now and I want out.

Whistling nnocently