What are you writing? Page 3

Be sure to get some footage in your documentary of you laughing uncontrollably at a Tom G sketch/sitcom extract!

Notes for a possible radio show about grocery delivery drivers. Back at the Depot is the title, but this may, no will, change.

Myself and another writer from this site were about to put the final polish to a pilot we've been working on, before I placed it into the hands of a producer contact. Then this morning I read about a show about to be broadcast that sounds familar enough in concept to make our show dead before it's had a chance to live!
Arse! Big, hairy arses!!!!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 9 2009, 8:53 PM BST

Myself and another writer from this site were about to put the final polish to a pilot we've been working on,

For god's sake, just let the bloke go fly his plane. he doesn't need to be so shiny.

Ps. bad luck. :(

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ April 9 2009, 8:59 PM BST

For god's sake, just let the bloke go fly his plane.

But he likes it when we buff him.

Right just got back from Greggs I've got; 200 chicken and mushroom, 50 steak and kidney, 31 minced beef and onion and 132 apples.

Is that a good enough pie lot?

Quote: hey_nonny @ April 8 2009, 8:29 PM BST

The story has absolutely no educational value and the pig is inciting the others to criminal behavior.

Don't worry about that - my daughter has a morally corrupt book by Shirley Hughes and that's apparently a classic. I've confiscated it - it's called 'Dogger'.

I've been writing a sitcom pilot and today sent off some Watson's Wind up one-liners having seen the opportunity a bit late in the game. I hope they make
Scotland Laughing out loud

Quote: hey_nonny @ April 8 2009, 8:29 PM BST

Abandoned it!
Started reading it to my girlfriend hoping for some positive feedback.
The story has absolutely no educational value and the pig is inciting the others to criminal behavior. Apparently the story gives children the message that stealing is ok and a shit load of other stuff I can't understand that she is criticizing me about. (She's a Child Psychologist).
Is still lecturing me from the kitchen as I am typing and actually believes I'm listening.

Not wanting to reiterate the old chant of 'PC gone mad' but I've just finihed reading 'Danny The Champion Of The World' By Roald Dahl the best selling childrens' author ever and that's all about stealing.

I liked it. In fact I liked it so much I might steal something tomorrow.

Writing a slightly messy Larry Sanders/15 Storeys High/Arrested Development rip off to test out scriptwriting.

The amount of scene changes(and pop up bits in the middle of scenes) is a bit deranged already.

Quote: jdubya @ April 9 2009, 9:53 PM BST

Not wanting to reiterate the old chant of 'PC gone mad' but I've just finihed reading 'Danny The Champion Of The World' By Roald Dahl the best selling childrens' author ever and that's all about stealing.

I might steal half your act Warbs, then recite it back to you at one of your gigs. :D

Quote: sootyj @ April 9 2009, 9:05 PM BST

Right just got back from Greggs I've got; 200 chicken and mushroom, 50 steak and kidney, 31 minced beef and onion and 132 apples.

Is that a good enough pie lot?

No steak bakes? Count me out.

Quote: bigfella @ April 9 2009, 4:14 PM BST

Just finished my chapter on my university days.

I found it very relaxing and theriputic ( spelling please Araon) to go through editing and rewritting this.

Up to 23,000 words now!

(Did a bit more filming for the documentry today)

*therapeutic
*Aaron
*rewriting
*documentary

Oh God I'm turning nerdy too!

Quote: Lee Henman @ April 10 2009, 3:31 AM BST

*therapeutic
*Aaron
*rewriting
*documentary

Oh God I'm turning nerdy too!

Thank God there is a spoll checker in ward! :)

[quote name="Lee Henman" post="397393" date="April 10 2009, 3:31 AM BST
No steak bakes? Count me out.

Damn so for comedy production steak bakes count as pies? That's where I've been going wrong with pitching my scripts.

That and not being funny or able to spell.

[/quote]
Sootyj is writing rubbish for his own amusement and the News Revue.

He's also listening to Betty Boo.

And is considering paying some gypsies with tarmacadam to pitch his scripts.

Quote: jdubya @ April 9 2009, 9:53 PM BST

I recall being read that as a child! The bit I remember is the raisins they soak in booze (or something?) to make the pheasants easier to catch. I went home and tried it myself and eat them all. :)

Good old unpc Roald Dahl.
I'm currently reading Flashman which is ace (why'd I wait so long?) and mega unPC.

The Flashman books are superb.