118 118 Need Jokes Page 19

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ January 5 2009, 11:20 PM GMT

Marie got a good lot over Christmas and John Byrne who wrote a comedy book.

And used to write for the Avengers, Xmen and Alpha Flight for marvel comics (geeked out a little there Geek )

Quote: sootyj @ January 5 2009, 11:15 PM GMT

Though Sarah Morgan seems to be the current top kid, good for her.

(Swears under breath ala Moe Syzlak)

Whistling nnocently

Did anyone else notice a REALLY rude one slipped in (phnarr!) under the radar? About ambulances?

Well tell us the joke then!

Well, that would be breaking the rules, also it's not my joke. I just read it and went 'wowoweee' - it could just be my mucky mind of course, it could be a completely clean joke I misundersood.

Sorry, I just realised how wankily elitist this must be to anyone who didn't get the email. Sorry.

I've written 6 so far, although I'm struggling to phrase the last one.

:)

Woot! Did it! :D

Quote: willie garvin @ January 6 2009, 12:18 AM GMT

Sorry, I just realised how wankily elitist this must be to anyone who didn't get the email. Sorry.

I've been getting regular emails, but never realized there was attachments. I'm stoopid.

13 now Pleased

Just sent off my first 20 jokes! Is it best to send as an attachment and should I send altogether or can I send a batch each day?

Also is it just the top five and five reserves that get selected each week?

I think you just send them in the email, as a normal message. And you can send as many as you want. But we'll have to see what sootj says, for he is the master of 118118.

20 jokes, sent. Only took me about three hours :| better be worth it ;)

Send as many as you like and as a standard e-mail.

They use about 30 jokes a week spread through out said week.

Just got the email. I appear to have sold 2, out of 166 submitted. Not including 8 I sent yesterday despite promising myself I wouldn't.

From reading them, if they didn't like my:

Why was the super-model tug of war abandoned? The official in charge said heave. (Not used – bulimia reference.)

Then they were never going to like my:

Why can't bulimics play rounders? They can only throw up.

Clearly I need to make them more universal in their appeal.

Hearty congratulations to anyone who manages to sell consistently, this is hard in my view.

It's a good funny joke, but the default position has to be, will some bell end write to the Sun.

In the hopes of getting 50 squids and getting a picture of themselves looking upset and holding a phone on page 7.

I submitted 16 yesterday on a sick day from work, fingers crossed.

I can't get this out of my head though and they'd never accept it:

Which of his friends can't stomach Piglet? Winnie the Jew.

That they might, it's not that offensive and they had a Hitler gag.

Ooh - shotgun mine!