Lead Balloon - Series 3 Page 9

I f**king hate people who use the word basically all the time, in fact, at any time.

Edited by Aaron.

Quote: thelegendary stardustcowboy @ December 5 2008, 1:05 PM GMT

I f**king hate people who use the word basically all the time, in fact, at any time.

Edited by Aaron.

Oh Eh? F**k you very much too? Do we hate each other now? Are we mortal enemies? Are you picking a fight for what seems like no reason? Is that enough questions?

Bloody hell, there's a lot of fighting on this site today. Everybody bloody well calm down!

Quote: chipolata @ December 5 2008, 11:01 AM GMT

I may be wrong, but I thought that stuff has gone on over in Eastern Europe et al until quite recently. It certainly didn't strike a false note with me (although I am painfully ignorant of world events).

Yep, when the former soviet union broke up there were many battles in places like Chechnia, Georgia, Uzmadeitupistan etc. And still are, its not inaccurate.

I see the point of the joke writer, who else takes the piss out of him or challenges his belief during the day? Plus he winds him up. The point of LB is to throw as much at Rick as possible.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 5 2008, 1:09 PM GMT

Oh Eh? F**k you very much too? Do we hate each other now? Are we mortal enemies? Are you picking a fight for what seems like no reason? Is that enough questions?

I never said you, I said people. However, if you wish to make it personal, I choose curved swords.

Edited by Aaron.

Gentlemen, please. What a pathetic point to argue about. Grow up. And Stott, don't respond.

Quote: thelegendary stardustcowboy @ December 5 2008, 2:46 PM GMT

I never said you, I said people. However, if you wish to make it personal, I choose curved swords.

Edited by Aaron.

Well, you said anyone, right after a post in which I said the word that offends you. Makes it sound like quite a direct reply to me. And you can have your swords, I choose a gun. And some bullets. And that's that, back to Lead Balloon.

Quote: Aaron @ December 5 2008, 3:13 PM GMT

Gentlemen, please. What a pathetic point to argue about. Grow up. And Stott, don't respond.

Too late?

Quote: Aaron @ December 5 2008, 3:13 PM GMT

Grow up.

Far too late for that.

Yep, definitely. Just don't again.

And back to Lead Balloon.

Quote: Aaron @ December 5 2008, 3:17 PM GMT

Yep, definitely. Just don't again.

And back to Lead Balloon.

I love you. And Lead Balloon's not bad either.

Great episode but Magda doesn't say which nation the soldiers came from.

Could have been Polish paramilitary forces.

I still hate people who use that word , and if I want to I can so there, and as they use it in LEAD BALLOON , why can I not say it?

By the way Aaron , you told Stott not to respnd ,and he did, what are you going to do about it??

While we are on the subject, YOU poke your nose into a lot of posts and edit them ,and stir things up and use swearwords WHEN IT SUITS YOU! Yet you dont like it when others do it.

Sad.

I really liked Series 1 & 2 but I think this series has been patchy to say the least.

Last night's episode was so lazy it was untrue. I mean only yesterday I was reading a thread on here about cliches in sitcoms. How many times have we seen the old 'character has near death experience-changes outlook on life-soon goes back to being miserable' routine? Seriously?

Quote: Stuart Collie @ December 5 2008, 3:50 PM GMT

I really liked Series 1 & 2 but I think this series has been patchy to say the least.

Last night's episode was so lazy it was untrue. I mean only yesterday I was reading a thread on here about cliches in sitcoms. How many times have we seen the old 'character has near death experience-changes outlook on life-soon goes back to being miserable' routine? Seriously?

And the eBay bidding against each other has been done loads too, did anyone not see that one coming? Still, they tried to do something different and I thought it was a decent episode.

I know that the influence of Curb has been said before, but isn't this pretty much a direct lift?

Also much the same as everyone in the show I was begging Jack (I mean Rick) to go back to being a miserable get . . .

Quote: ScotiaNova @ December 5 2008, 4:25 PM GMT

I know that the influence of Curb has been said before, but isn't this pretty much a direct lift?

Well Larry David doesn't have a teenager in the house and he's about 20 years older, so I would say there are differences in setup and issues. But anyway, lots of sitcoms are versions of other ones abroad. Jack Dee never hid the influence.