Lead Balloon - Series 3 Page 7

I'm still enjoying this show, but I'm getting a real sense of Deja Vu with these episodes. They need to shake things up before it all becomes a bit ho-hum.

Quote: chipolata @ November 28 2008, 10:02 AM GMT

I'm still enjoying this show, but I'm getting a real sense of Deja Vu with these episodes. They need to shake things up before it all becomes a bit ho-hum.

I thought the last one was the best of this series. I know what you mean about repeating itself but the premise is Rick getting himself into messes so I'm not sure they can change it too much without it being a different sitcom. Maybe a bigger threat to his marriage or job? I think Curb got a bit like this and then they changed the dynamics a bit by making Larry and Cheryl split.

Quote: chipolata @ November 28 2008, 10:02 AM GMT

Yes - it's not really developing but I still think it's better than loads of other stuff on at the moment.

Quote: Rick Skelton @ November 14 2008, 8:23 AM GMT

The only character I'm not really struck on is his workmate. I've watched 2 series and 1 episode and I can't even remember his name. He's so smug, I just want to brick his face in.

That's how I feel about this character, really wish they'd let him have his big Hollywood success last series and written him out . . .

Best episode for a long while, loved it from start to finish. It sounded like a good plot and they pulled it off brilliantly.

Missed the first 10 minutes, but the rest was great!

Another great episode. One of the few British sitcoms in the past few years to maintain a consistently high standard throughout.

Quote: Aaron @ December 4 2008, 11:21 PM GMT

Another great episode. One of the few British sitcoms in the past few years to maintain a consistently high standard throughout.

Agreed. Tonight's episode was brilliant, I laughed so much when he told Magda she didn't have to give him the money while he put it in his pocket.

A good episode. And it was great that they broke away from the normal forumla and came at the comedy from a different angle.

Definitely one of my favourite episodes so far. And I agree with those who think his co-writer is a waste of space.

Quote: Afinkawan @ December 5 2008, 9:39 AM GMT

Definitely one of my favourite episodes so far. And I agree with those who think his co-writer is a waste of space.

I like the co-writers hair.

OK then, we have a compromise. Scalp him and everyone is happy.

Quote: Afinkawan @ December 5 2008, 9:46 AM GMT

OK then, we have a compromise. Scalp him and everyone is happy.

:) Although I like his face too.

This, for me, is still quite underwhelming.

I liked the bit where Magda told her harrowing tale about when the soldiers surrounded her village and Jack was all "Yeah, but the light came REALLY close to hitting me".