After You've Gone - Series 3 Page 12

I'd love to see The Two of Us, which he did in the late 80s. He had a series everyear, plus an Only Fools xmas special, every year from 1986-1993.

Oh, I have some of that. But we're getting far far off topic now. Back to After You've Gone. :)

It's been canned. Another group of writers left wondering how to pay the mortgage.

Blimey. Quite surprised by that. Although at the same time, not. With the SHOCKING scheduling it's had this series, I wouldn't be surprised to learn of particularly low figures.

I am surprised.

Maybe they just dumped it to make room for a new Ryan Sampson vehicle...

We can but hope!

Was this news confirmed on any website?

Not as far as I've seen - but alas, it is true.

Hasn't a fourth series and special already been commissioned?
I think the episode that's due to air this week is probably my favourite out of all the series Errr

Yes, a fourth and (IIRC) 2009 Christmas special were commissioned. I'm assuming that they're now out of the window.

Can they de-commission something like that? You'd assume the writers were already writing the fourth series.

Some may have already seen this news, but just to complete the picture - it was confirmed by the BBC this morning that AYG has been axed. The new 2009 series (that's already in the works) has been cancelled too:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/nov/19/bbc-after-youve-gone

Quite some back pedalling going on there then. Sounds like it is the work of new BBC1 controller Jay Hunt, who wants to stamp some authority on the schedule. She couldn't just cancel a well-rated show, which would explain why this series has been so badly scheduled... the figures from those Sunday episodes have given them an excuse to pull the plug.

A pleasent suprise this.

Quote: matt insley @ November 19 2008, 7:43 AM GMT

Can they de-commission something like that? You'd assume the writers were already writing the fourth series.

They probably just pay them off with a proportion of what they would have got.

Fantastic news.