Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 5

Yeah - I'd suggest you bring something to eat or drink - although it's difficult to go to the loo during recording. You'll have to stand doing nothing for a while.

Not sure about transport as I'll be driving. I know the way now. But come down for the day, size up where it is and maybe (as long as it's a nice day) go down by the river for a while. Then make sure you're in the queue by about 5ish.

Actually, that's a great idea...scope it out hours in advance! I presume the way in is quite obvious is it?

Quote: Tom Henderson @ October 22 2008, 10:47 PM BST

Actually, that's a great idea...scope it out hours in advance! I presume the way in is quite obvious is it?

Yeah - if you're good at map reading. Bloody big building!

Yeah, it looked pretty damned big on the Google overhead view! I've just got images of me stood in the rain outside the wrong door discovering new depths of despair!!

Just look for the big marquee out the front, and you'll be fine. :)

Quote: Aaron @ October 22 2008, 8:57 PM BST

There's a pub right next door (The Angler, IIRC), but other than that there's not actually too much around.

Teddington is a 2 minute walk from the studios, which has a few shops and places that you could amuse yourself with for a bit, and depending on who you get at the entrance they'll probably let you wander off after you've got stickered up, provided you come back 10-15 minutes before let in time.

But unless it's changed a hell of a lot since the last time I went through, there's not actually that much in Teddington.

There was certainly more people queuing this year than last year, so make sure you get there early, I would aim for 17:00 at the latest.

Quote: charlier @ October 23 2008, 12:49 AM BST

Teddington is a 2 minute walk from the studios, which has a few shops and places that you could amuse yourself with for a bit, and depending on who you get at the entrance they'll probably let you wander off after you've got stickered up, provided you come back 10-15 minutes before let in time.

And you have to queue to get stickered up in the first place so I wouldn't leave it too late.

Quote: Anon Umus @ October 23 2008, 8:14 PM BST

There was certainly more people queuing this year than last year, so make sure you get there early, I would aim for 17:00 at the latest.

I would too.

In fact I will.

I'm so excited my bottom cheeks are clenching! I could lift my chair with them!

I'll be there in December. I'm so incredibly very excited! I'll have to wear my glasses so to compensate for the lack of beauty I shall have to curl my hair. So keep your eyes peeled for the geek with lurvly hair!

Beauty is in the 4-eyes of the beholder.

Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be the grey haired old git. Well I'll have to put my make-up on.

Quote: David Chapman @ October 24 2008, 6:51 PM BST

Beauty is in the 4-eyes of the beholder.

Unimpressed

Well I'm off soon to queue in the rain. I hope I get there in time - it will be worth it though.

I'm sure it will. :)

Well they let us in hospitality early because it was pissing down. And then when we got in (we were standby 1 & 2) they started at 7.30 and didn't finish until 11. They said it was the longest one they's done.

It was probably episode 3 and whilst it didn't match up to the first one it was still very funny.