Dead Set - Charlie Brooker's Horror Show Page 5

Well there's realistic as in dog-like, as opposed to realistic as in Monsters Inc. blatant-as-f**k-CGI.

And I have never seen a zombie or werewolf film, so shall bow out of the discussion now.

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 3:31 PM BST

(Which is ridiculous as neither werewolves or zombies can look 'realistic' cos, like, they ain't real.)

I can tell you've been watching the first series of I'm Alan Partridge this week. Doesn't he give a similar speech when his zombie/vampire shower curtain ensemble goes down like a lead balloon?

That said, I love American Werewolf in London and I think the transformation effects are very good. And scary. I was less convinced with the werewolf running around London at the end, though.

(The film also has one of my all time favourite lines: "I can assure you this isn't the least bit amusing.")

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 3:31 PM BST

And opposite to Chipolata, I found the effects in that film to be f**king brilliant!

Agreed, the scene in which he changes is awesome.

His dead mate isn't too bad either.

Quote: Aaron @ October 22 2008, 3:33 PM BST

Well there's realistic as in dog-like, as opposed to realistic as in Monsters Inc. blatant-as-f**k-CGI.

And I have never seen a zombie or werewolf film, so shall bow out of the discussion now.

I may have to make you watch American Werewolf. It's funny too! And there's lots of Londony tube stuff!

Quote: Aaron @ October 22 2008, 3:25 PM BST

Site rules stipulte that correct English grammar, including capitalisation, is required in posts.

Thanks.

Is spelling not 'stipulated' then !!? ;)

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 3:38 PM BST

I may have to make you watch American Werewolf. It's funny too! And there's lots of Londony tube stuff!

Oo.

Is it meant to be a serious movie? Until people having discussed it here recently, I thought that it was meant to be some kind of spoof or other non-serious production, from what I had read in the past.

It's a genuine horror, but it's funny too. Witty.

It's not a spoof.

Quote: Nick Rivers @ October 22 2008, 3:39 PM BST

Is spelling not 'stipulated' then !!? ;)

There's a difference between a typo and blatant disregard for the rules of written English! :P

Thanks for pointing it out, now corrected.

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 3:42 PM BST

It's a genuine horror, but it's funny too. Witty.

It's not a spoof.

I'll have to see if it's available.

Technically, it's called a 'black comedy'. no, not like the Cosby Show......

That's what I thought black comedy meant until I was about 13.

Chuckles!

Quote: zooo @ October 22 2008, 3:50 PM BST

That's what I thought black comedy meant until I was about 13.

I think I was more like 16 or 17.

For a brief period John Landis was a great director, and not only did An American Werewolf in London but also The Blues Brothers, Trading Places and my own particular favourite, Into The Night.

Didn't he do the Thriller video too.?

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 22 2008, 4:07 PM BST

Didn't he do the Thriller video too.?

He did indeed. And if memory serves me right he was the director of The Twlight Zone movie segment in which somebody got killed.