Doctor in the House Page 2

I know, I know. But you made the quality point, so I had to note that again.

I hope this is in topic. A company in Australia is going to release "Doctor Down Under" on 2 DVDs in August. It was origionally broadcast on Australian TV, but starring 2 British actors (Robin Nedwell, Geoffrey Davies) as an ongoing part of a British comedy franchise. Not only have I never seen it before, I never even knew of it's existence until earlier this year.

Thanks for that. Maybe it'll come out here too! :)

It rings a bell actually. I seem to remember something about it a loooooooonnnnnngg time ago.

Well, I just received Doctor At Large in the mail today, and it includes the episode "No Ill Feelings" . Written by John Cleese, and featuring a manic ill-tempered hotelier, the episode was remembered by John and his then-wife Connie Booth when they wanted a setting for the sitcom that was to become Fawlty Towers.

As for the on-going releases, "Doctor In Charge" is available for pre-order from Amazon.co.uk , as it comes out in mid-August.

What I like about reacquanting myself with programmes like the Doctor series is realising how many of the stars are no longer with us. Barry Evans - dead. Robin Nedwell - dead, to name but two. Ah well, shit happens, I suppose.

Quote: Baumski @ June 21, 2007, 12:30 PM

What I like about reacquanting myself with programmes like the Doctor series is realising how many of the stars are no longer with us. Barry Evans - dead. Robin Nedwell - dead, to name but two. Ah well, shit happens, I suppose.

I didn't realise either of those had died!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 21, 2007, 9:53 PM

Oh yes, very dead. Barry Evens - very funny Aaron, liked it - died in his car, burnt to a crisp. Apparrently he was making ends meet as a taxi driver went the car went up. Robin Nedwell went about the same time as Rod Hull although I don't think it was off the same roof.

Oh... Woops. :$

Quote: David Chapman @ June 21, 2007, 9:53 PM

Yes, Robin had a fall at his home, went and got stitched up at the hopital, went home but fealt unwell after a few days and returned to the hospital. There he suffered a heart attack and died. He was 54. After not finding much work acting and trying to make ends meet as a minicab driver, Barry Evans was found dead in his flat. The official coroner's verdict was alcohol poisoning.He was 53.

Richard O'Sullivan is currently in a resting home, as a stroke has rendered him in poor health.

Shit - I'm coming up to 51. I don't think I want to do comedy!

Quote: Aaron @ June 21, 2007, 10:47 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist.

He was good in Extras

He was freaking brilliant in Extras.

Quote: Baumski @ June 22, 2007, 10:59 AM

Oh yes, very dead. Barry Evens - very funny Aaron, liked it - died in his car, burnt to a crisp. Apparrently he was making ends meet as a taxi driver went the car went up. Robin Nedwell went about the same time as Rod Hull although I don't think it was off the same roof.

Andrew Knox who played Dr. James Gascoigne in 'Doctor on the Go' also died young:

(from imdb)
In 1987 (when his career had nosedived) he boarded a Jersey ferry bound for the mainland to visit a friend in London. When the ferry docked he was not on board. He is presumed to have either drowned accidentally or to have committed suicide.

Quote: Jack Massey @ April 27, 2007, 3:33 PM

To Sir Geoffery, what was it like working in St Swithams.

Not bad, apart from the doctors and students.

Quote: Yitzhak Finnegan @ June 21, 2007, 3:28 AM

As for the on-going releases, "Doctor In Charge" is available for pre-order from Amazon.co.uk , as it comes out in mid-August.

fantastic... The doctor series is the only thing i think I've ever preordered through amazon. and i've done it with each one.