Doctor in the House

I'm thinking of getting the DVD's of the ITV Doctor in the House. The complete series has been released, and the next Doctor series, Doctor at Large will be released soon. Has anyone seen the series and if so, would you recommend me buying it.

Surely this is a no-brainer? One of ITVs biggest hits, and writers including Graeme Garden, Bill Oddie, Graham Chapman, Barry Cryer and John Cleese? And if you don't like it, there's always eBay. (Or you can PM me for my address. :D)

I really enjoyed these series. I'd recommend them.

I have ordered the first series on play.com. It should come tomorrow.

This is starting a run on Men and Motors starting on this Friday at 10pm

Men and Motors used to be on Freeview but it got taken off. I liked the channel, I used to watch The Sweeney and Minder, but now since it got taken off, better things are on it such as Please Sir and On the Buses and now Doctor in the House. The DVD still hasn't arrived.

Ouch. :(

Recieved it today and watched the first two episodes. It's quite funny. Doctor in the House series 2 is out and coming out soon is: Doctor at Large the complete series and Doctor in Charge series 1. Good old Network DVD, my favourite DVD company.

I have DITH series 1 & 2, they're a bit slower paced than the later series, i think things really got going with doctor at large. but I still really love 1&2.

there's some interesting guest appearances too; David Jason, Graeme Garden.

To Sir Geoffery, what was it like working in St Swithams.

An excellent series, I would strongly recommend it.

I got my 'Complete Series 1' & 'Complete Series 2', (26 Episodes,4 Discs in all), series became more fast-paced when they introduced the Lawrence Bingham character aboard. More recently got the 'Best Of Doctor On The Go' tape,volume 1 and 'Best Of Doctor At Sea' tape volume 1 which I would call a touch floundering. Canadian TV networks stopped showing them after that (yes, I know some friends with a PAL VCR, and made-in-China DVD players are easy to get in Canada, and cheap). My friend Chris needs no reference guide when I mention 'Saint Swithins', and he too is all Canadian, like me. Some Brit-coms do make a splash this side of the Atlantic, and I haven't seen the series for about 3 decades, so I can thank Amazon.co.uk for helping me relive old memories.

On a separate note, Jacquie-Ann Carr ( Kate Wright in the Doctor On The Go version) has the widest eyes on an actress I've seen since Illeana Douglas. Sure is a pretty gal who could stand up to her skirt-chasing colleagues while still remaining gorgeous.

Quote: Yitzhak Finnegan @ May 30, 2007, 5:10 AM

On a separate note, Jacquie-Ann Carr ( Kate Wright in the Doctor On The Go version) has the widest eyes on an actress I've seen since Illeana Douglas. Sure is a pretty gal who could stand up to her skirt-chasing colleagues while still remaining gorgeous.

That name rings a bell. I'll have to look her up - so to speak.

I haven't seen these in years but do remember that for ITV Comedy they were better than average.

Well with writers including John Cleese, Bill Oddie, Graeme Garden and Graham Chapman, I'd bloody hope so!

You're repeating yourself Aaron. Must be going senile.