Doctor in the House Page 6

Oh rreeeeally? Interesting. Certainly explains why they're so freaking useless and couldn't answer a simple question when I tried to get in contact with them!

Are you saying that Australians are freaking useless and can't answer a simple question Aaron.

I'm saying that the people who run the site are. (And that perhaps I used some turn of phrase which they did not understand.)

I had the same experience--I wrote an email to them and didn't get any reply! I'm just hoping that the other Doctor series will be brought out legally on DVD!

If I may push in here and suggest that those of you who haven't seen this and are fans of the Doctor series fill yer boots.

It's from the film version and although Geoffrey Loftus was fab, he was only a mere warm-up man to legendary Sir Lancelot Spratt played by James Robertson Justice.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWjAeAa52o

Quote: vangogan @ February 26, 2008, 5:31 AM

I had the same experience--I wrote an email to them and didn't get any reply! I'm just hoping that the other Doctor series will be brought out legally on DVD!

I got a reply, it was just nonsensical. Imagine, you contact them asking something about one of the shows in their catalogue (quality or something I think). They reply a couple of days later thanking me for my request and that they've added it to their "wanted" list. I mean .... ?!?!!!!?

>_<

I just saw that Doctor At Sea Complete Series is coming out 23 June 2008--Amazon says Complete Series 1, sendit.com says Complete series.

Quote: vangogan @ March 5, 2008, 12:59 PM

I just saw that Doctor At Sea Complete Series is coming out 23 June 2008--Amazon says Complete Series 1, sendit.com says Complete series.

stupid me--it WAS only one series, anyway!

Just bought 'Doctor at Large' half price on amazon. Watching the first four episodes I can see that it is a lot funnier than Doctor in the House.

Yes, got an email from Amazon about DAS. Bit of a gap there in their release schedule... wonder why they paused there.

Hopefully they got some interviews. They've all been rather featurless thus far.

And yes Jack, DITH starts off with a slow pace.

Quote: Sir Geoffrey Loftus @ April 14 2008, 5:44 AM BST

Hopefully they got some interviews. They've all been rather featurless thus far.

Pretty unlikely, I'm afraid.

Just watched the 'Doctor at Large' episode 'No Ill Feeling' Basically it was written by John Cleese about a bad tempered man who runs a hotel, four years before Fawlty Towers. When shown, the DAL producer said to Cleese there's a series in that hotel and indeed there was. Such a great episode, with a slight slight bit more polish it could quite easily have been one of them twelve classic Fawlty Towers episodes. Strongly recommend you try and watch the episode 'No Ill Feeling'

Just ordered the first series of Doctor in Charge of ebay. Doctor in the House was very good, Doctor at Large neared excellence, so really up for Doctor in Charge.

Now a few episodes into Doctor In Charge and it is alot funnier than Doctor In The House and is keeping up with the quality of Doctor At Large.

Watched all of the first series now and it was really funny. Alot better than 'Doctor in the House' and very very slightly inferior to 'Doctor at Large' And in ten minutes time, a documentary about the Doctor series and an episode of 'Doctor in Charge' titled 'Face the Music'

Just recieved my copy of 'Doctor on the Go' series 1. Can't wait to get home and start watching it.

Oh, and can't believe I didn't respond to this earlier:

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 25 2008, 6:04 PM GMT

Are you saying that Australians are freaking useless and can't answer a simple question Aaron.

As an Australian, I can confirm this 100%