Gavin & Stacey Page 13

Don't close it down! There's loads of good debate in here! Amongst the bile!

Quote: Aaron @ May 28, 2007, 2:39 AM

Anyway, back on topic-ish. Calm down everyone! I really don't want to have to close this thread, but it's getting perilously close.

No don't do that Aaron. I take it all back Gavin and Stacy is the best thing since sliced bread. That was sarcastic but I seriously think that Gavin and Stacy is a decent comedy drama but not 'comedy' as BBC keeps calling it.

Anyway I have to apologise for any negaative posts directed at contributors. I blame alcohol and hangovers (not a good combination). I sincerly apologise. After all we don't want this forum to get an awkward family get together vibe, especially as i'd be the weird uncle who noone wants to talk to. Laughing out loud

Quote: ajp29 @ May 28, 2007, 6:19 AM

No don't do that Aaron. I take it all back Gavin and Stacy is the best thing since sliced bread.

What was the best thing before Sliced Bread? I know someone else has said this before - but it is a good point.

Unsliced bread?

Fire then
bread then
sandwiches then
spreadable butter then
sliced bread

Quote: ajp29 @ May 29, 2007, 2:12 AM

Fire then
bread then
sandwiches then
spreadable butter then
sliced bread

i think sliced bread came before spreadable butter. The old stuff used to rip the bread to buggery.

No posts on G & S for a while. I'm still watching it! Episode four was the best so far in my opinion – based on the fact that I actually laughed a few times.

I still find it heavy going though, with many of the jokes so unpolished they're more like splinters than gems.

Brydon is pretty good.

I've just not got around to watching it since episode 2. Keeps being other stuff on...

I think its holding its own and I'm still enjoying it. I'm finding it enjoyable for what it is rather than watching it with pre-conceived ideas of what it should be.

I have the latest episode on HD ready to watch. I'm enjoying it... laughing at the unpolished jokes... ;)!

Crikey, I must be so unsophisticated.

I LOVE the unpolished jokes! I truly think it's the best comedy show on television at the moment.

Quote: Josh Dulaney @ June 1, 2007, 7:41 PM

I LOVE the unpolished jokes! I truly think it's the best comedy show on television at the moment.

You've changed your tune. :S

Good one. Sorry, i know i go on about it to much, but i just really like the programme. I don't see any unpolished jokes. Just amazing characters. :P

No, watched the episode last night and it is far from being a comedy. Three laughs per page is a comedy. I don't even know which bits are supposed to be the comic moments. I mean even though I don't like Green, Green, Grass I can tell where I'm supposed to laugh. I seriously don't know about this. When Rob Brydon comes into it Huh?

Quote: Josh Dulaney @ May 27, 2007, 8:49 PM

I agree it's not a gag gag gag sitcom. Y'no there's no set-up joke. But i think it's this that makes it so truly original.

I'm amazed that statement passed without comment, Josh. There is nothing 'truly original' in having no set-up jokes, nor in the basic premise of the show.

There are plenty of original or groundbreaking sitcoms, G+S however is not in that league. I think you're alone as one of the show's defenders when you call it 'truly original'