The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 1 Page 7

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 30 2008, 12:55 PM BST

I felt I had seen it all before and there were some really bad sketches like the vampire and three bears one. I'm really surprised so many people liked it.

The three bears one was really good!

Quote: David Bussell @ July 30 2008, 3:57 PM BST

I was especially irked that one of the sketches used the '28 gays Later' idea I've used as a title for an episode of one of my sitcoms.

A title? Really, after having typed up dozens of sitcom episode details over the past few months, the last thing you should worry about is titles. They're always ripping things off.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 30 2008, 4:12 PM BST

Cheers. No good to me though - I'm a Mac man.

*hisssssssss*

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 30 2008, 6:41 PM BST

I don't think the impersonations are suppose to be spot on. They're more like caricatures surely. Like Bo Selecta. Agree it's hit & miss though.

Aye. To me, it's quite clear that it's not meant to be exact. Just give you an idea of the point they're making.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 30 2008, 3:57 PM BST

Missed the show on TV but I've watched some sketches on YouTube. I'd have to go with the prevalent 'hit and miss' opinion. I was especially irked that one of the sketches used the '28 gays Later' idea I've used as a title for an episode of one of my sitcoms.

On the subject of episode titles, didm't Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David make it a rule on Seinfeld that all the episode titles would be very simple, like The Comeback etc, to stop writers wasting time trying to think up witty titles.

Quote: chipolata @ July 31 2008, 12:18 PM BST

On the subject of episode titles, didm't Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David make it a rule on Seinfeld that all the episode titles would be very simple, like The Comeback etc, to stop writers wasting time trying to think up witty titles.

Yeah, I think I remember hearing that. I wouldn't fancy having to come up with titles for 24 episodes but I can manage 6 at a time.

haha I liked the Wii Nuremberg Rally game sketch.

Harry Hill was both uncannily accurate and f**king hilarious.

Isn't a sketch referencing The Last of the Mohicans a bit late?

Well I thought I would give the 2nd one a go.....sorry its making me angry again.. my shirt's ripping...shit... green everywhere again...that northern BBC3 bird with the big chest deficates all over this...

JESUS...we did 'wanking the dead' at the 'amused moose' 5 yrs ago....seems like mr bishop has just been given a break to televise all the material he heard whilst kicking it in SoHo with his Grange Hill mates...

"Very Shallow Grave," lol. Also liked Osama locked in the cupboard. Also didn't see Jeremy Beadle-juice coming. Oh, and "BBC3 Songs Of Praise," had me lol'ing. I'm not sure if this week's was as good as last week's though. Still, a good number of sketches.

Some of his sketches this week were a little rough... his impressions are quite amazing though!
Harry hill was spot on! A good week but not quite as good as last weeks!
:)

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 1 2008, 10:28 PM BST

Isn't a sketch referencing The Last of the Mohicans a bit late?

No.

Thought that this episode was excellent. Better than the first. Glad I was back from holiday in time to see it! :)

I enjoyed it too and was pleased to see them pushing some boundaries.

Actually, I'll stake a bet that Channel 4 get letters of complaint on their doormat on Monday morning from some of their less liberal minded viewers. Dead Dad's Army, Rod Hull, Jeremy Beadle, Wanking The Dead... they won't like any of that.

Rod Hull? Didn't notice that one. Damn.

All good points but who was the ginger actress?

Lovey

Not as funny as last week, but still a couple of laughs.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 2 2008, 3:19 PM BST

All good points but who was the ginger actress?

Lovey

Not as funny as last week, but still a couple of laughs.

Agreed on all points.

Thought the first one was promising without being brilliant. This one was shite. Though to be honest, I only watched the first half. Harry Hill really made me laugh but the rest was poor. So go on - tell me I missed some classic moments in the last 15 minutes?