The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 1 Page 6

Quote: gary ash @ July 26 2008, 9:35 PM BST

Sorry if I offended but it really got my goat.

Not offended, just found it a curious post; not the fact you hated the show, personnel opinion and all that!

I didn't really like the show at all, it did make me raise a smile on the rare occasion (ie the Westwood and Stephen Hawkins bit) but I didn't actually laugh once. I also think that the Jonathan Ross part was worn out after the third of fourth time.

I am not going to say it was terrible because it wasn't but I feel it needs improving a lot before I will start liking it.

I'm surprised this show is getting so much bumluv here (except from zooo, who doles out bumluv like it's going out of fashion ;) ). It was very similar to Star Stories and Bo Selecta, but even more poorly written, with some pretty lame and predictable sketches. A badly written thirty second sketch is still a badly written sketch.

Hey! I'm not having that! *Nothing* is 'worse than Bo' Selecta'.

I will let you have 'almost as bad as...', but not 'worse'.

Dan

I thought it was another hit and miss comedy. There were some strong sketches in there but some that were not as good. There are a lot of sketches though aren't there?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 26 2008, 3:14 PM BST

I assume Gary has some reason for the slating above; it seemed a tad on the personel and over the top side to me. I suppose we'll see if he actually carries on posting on here. 'Spoiled Brat' is an especially odd thing to say; unles he knows him or something. Smacks of jealousy.

We all get worked up over things on here sometimes. Except moi..... Whistling nnocently

The last Sketch Show I saw an episode of was from Titty Titty Bang Bang Series 3. Compared to that, this is the Shakespeare of comedy. I actually laughed. More than once. The Really High School Musical was fab.

I felt I had seen it all before and there were some really bad sketches like the vampire and three bears one. I'm really surprised so many people liked it.

I think the 2nd post in this thread on chortle sums it up... http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24057

Missed the show on TV but I've watched some sketches on YouTube. I'd have to go with the prevalent 'hit and miss' opinion. I was especially irked that one of the sketches used the '28 gays Later' idea I've used as a title for an episode of one of my sitcoms.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 30 2008, 3:57 PM BST

Missed the show on TV but I've watched some sketches on YouTube. I'd have to go with the prevalent 'hit and miss' opinion. I was especially irked that one of the sketches used the '28 gays Later' idea I've used as a title for an episode of one of my sitcoms.

The whole thing's still on 4 overdose, lest thee did not know.

Quote: ian_w @ July 30 2008, 4:02 PM BST

The whole thing's still on 4 overdose, lest thee did not know.

Cheers. No good to me though - I'm a Mac man.

Poopsicles!

David is a Mac Daddy or is that Mac Pappa?

Yeah I'm going to go with what most people have said about it and say it was hit and miss. Although, I am going to add that it didn't get any big laughs from me at all, just plenty chuckles. The whole impersonation thing doesn't really do anything for me 90% of the time.

I don't think the impersonations are suppose to be spot on. They're more like caricatures surely. Like Bo Selecta. Agree it's hit & miss though.