Doctor Who Page 22

Jake why are you also posting crap about global warming not happening? And stargate Atlantis "Getting it right" in a quote... from a Sci Fi program...

Quote: Jake How @ April 6 2008, 10:20 AM BST

Ok I thought they was real.

Even more reason for you NOT to have posted them!

We've told you how to deal with spoilers before, Jake.

Just a link, or tiny writing, with a spoiler warning.

Ok sorry.

Quote: Jake How @ April 6 2008, 10:20 AM BST

Ok I thought they was real.

How's your English degree going, Jake?
Have they covered the plural copula yet?

Plural Copula ooh er missus!

I'd like to cover your plural copula.

I can't believe we're expected to wait an entire week until the next episode of Dr Who. :(

they should of doubled up all the Big US shows are doing it now, really stokes the fire as it were.

I thought this episode was poor. There was no real story to it to speak of, it just sort of fizzled out. Plus Tate is an awful actress, she just grates on me. She's not in it for all the episodes is she? May have to turn off if she is.

Yes she is!

Bye then! ;)

She was a bit annoying when her voice sounded like it was about to turn into one of her characters. But 90% of the time (surprisingly) she didn't annoy me.

Saw two episodes of William Hartnell Doctor with the Daleks yesterday.
So much more 'serious' acting then, wasn't it? And so much more atmospheric.

IMHO Tom Baker was the last DW of any real substance and it was with his character that they introduced levity beyond the odd humourous line e.g Patrick Troughton.
Now occasionally borders on farce.

Catherine Tate struggled to hold back her natural excess but I think she just managed it. It's David Tennant who is virtually hamming it up (bit of a 'lovey'?).

He does do manic sometimes, but that's how he sees the character. If you watch it any amount, you'll see he also does very contained subtle acting.

What's everyone got against poor old Catherine? :(
Bonnie Langford - now THERE was an annoying assistant!

Quote: ian_w @ April 6 2008, 1:03 PM BST

What's everyone got against poor old Catherine?

Because she is, IMHO, shit.... I can see her acting... It's like watching your most embarrassing Aunt on stage at the local AmDram....

Look... I'm being funny... now I'm being scared... now I'll do sad... and now watch me be serious...

It's as though she took Micheal Green's book seriously....

kjs

Quote: KJSmyling @ April 6 2008, 1:17 PM BST

Because she is, IMHO, shit.... I can see her acting... It's like watching your most embarrassing Aunt on stage at the local AmDram....

Look... I'm being funny... now I'm being scared... now I'll do sad... and now watch me be serious...

It's as though she took Micheal Green's book seriously....

kjs

It's beyond bad and shit.

She's that useless it's what people think makes her funny, how she over does it or poorly does people tend to think it's on purpose. I mean yesterday was really annoying, the part where the dr's outside and there talking. "dr" "donna" my god it nearly made me switch over.

~Joey

Yeh but Dr Who these days is classy pantomime. Nothing wrong with that, look how uncomfortable a real actor like Ecclestone looked as the doctor.