Doctor Who Page 20

i thought that was pap. catherine tate ruined it. to have both main characters as manic turns it into too much of a bad comedy.

Good, funny opening episode; and how good was Donna? I think shes going to be great. As for Rose, I dont think shes back until the end of the series. but what a great little cliffhanger to end on-my eyes were boggling when she turned round! She looked mean mind.

Quote: johnny roulette @ April 5 2008, 7:31 PM BST

i thought that was pap. catherine tate ruined it. to have both main characters as manic turns it into too much of a bad comedy.

Got to disagree with the manic bit; apart from when she first meets the Doctor again, I dont think she really was that manic. If anything she was quite a bit toned down from last time; but then some people are just never going to be able to get on with that character because shes played by Catherine Tate.

I agree I wasnt very hopeful for Katherine Tate but she's not even half as annoying as I thought its nice onot having the companion pining after him.

Hopefully they'll do a good Dalek episode :P

oh the nursery ship look brilliant as well.

Doctor Who lost its gravitas years ago. Damned if I'm going to watch it for the special effects.

Today's episode was total junk from start to finish and I'm just sad that many people seem to think of this kind of prattery when SF is mentioned.

I thought it was brilliant!
Catherine wasn't bad at all, have to give her a few episodes before I decide for sure though.
She added some really funny bits. Loved it!

yup yup think I'll stick with this series :)

I watched the first series, but just couldn't get "hooked" I don't find it a bad show, a bit over dramatic sometimes but I just don't watch it.

Weird that...

Please don't hurt me Zooo

*runs back into corner*

I won't hurt you, I'll just lock you in a cupboard with a TV and a pile of Dr Who dvds.

You'll soon like it...

he rubs the lotion in the skin unless he gets the hose again.

I liked it alot, the thing is you can see it's a really cheap episode. But still worked on multiple levels, and lots of clever conceits (killer slimming drugs, cute but ultimately terrifying aliens, monster nanny from outer space).

And that delightful reverse mary poppins demise.

Catherine was alright, albeit I'd prefer Bernard Cribbins as a companion.

Lots of fun, nice mystery, and some good old visual humour (yes I really liked that bit where they keep missing each other).

Bernard's already been a companion...

kjs

I have some Spoilers about the last episode of series 4 and the title.

413. Journey's End
200. 070608 by Russell T Davies

The Doctor finds out about the messages from Rose but can't do anything about it when suddenly the alternate reality holding Mickey, Jackie and Rose collapses, sending them back to their original universe.

Confirmed that this final story will feature Rose, Mickey, Pete, Jackie, Sarah Jane, Captain Jack, Martha Jones and K9 as well as Donna and the Doctor. It'll also feature Davros played by Julian Bleach. It is likely to feature Sontarans and Daleks in a war as well as other aliens in a final gobsmacking battle.

Davros has been located by Caan and he is helping the Dalek to create a new race of Daleks. In a shock development in the final episode, a Dalek casing opens to reveal Harriet Jones, played by Penelope Wilton, the mother of all the new Daleks.

The Daleks have enslaved 21st century London, but which London?

Rumoured to feature the Torchwood team too as well as the newly created daughter of the Doctor.

It's also possible the Master will be back in this episode, manipulating everything from behind the scenes.

Somewhere in this story, the Doctor and co travel to an alternate future with the Daleks running the world and greenhouse gases at an all time high.

This would also be story number 200 and worth a celebration in itself.

The final scenes involve the Doctor being wounded in a freak explosion which splits him into two Doctors and Sarah, Jack, Martha, Rose and Donna trying to save him.

This is believed to be a crash and burn story which wipes out almost anything that Russell T Davies has had a hand in creating in the past few years so that the new producer can start with a clean slate, so to speak.

Message for RTD. PLEASE PLEASE don't make this a global warming story. While most people on Earth think it's carbon causing the increasing temperature the Doctor would KNOW it is just the sun's solar cycle. If there's anything about carbon/global warming, please let it be the other characters who say it.

At least Stargate Atlantis included an off-the-cuff remark to confirm to viewers they were going to stick to the facts - "Rodney: This isn't some kind of cyclical climate

Smallenated by zooo!

Do it yourself next time Jake, please.

Quote: KJSmyling @ April 5 2008, 9:30 PM BST

Bernard's already been a companion...

kjs

In a none canon film. Hah!

Quote: Jake How @ April 5 2008, 9:33 PM BST

I have someone Spoilers about the last episode of series 4 and the title.

413. Journey's End
200. 070608 by Russell T Davies

The Doctor finds out about the messages from Rose but can't do anything about it when suddenly the alternate reality holding Mickey, Jackie and Rose collapses, sending them back to their original universe.

Confirmed that this final story will feature Rose, Mickey, Pete, Jackie, Sarah Jane, Captain Jack, Martha Jones and K9 as well as Donna and the Doctor. It'll also feature Davros played by Julian Bleach. It is likely to feature Sontarans and Daleks in a war as well as other aliens in a final gobsmacking battle.

Davros has been located by Caan and he is helping the Dalek to create a new race of Daleks. In a shock development in the final episode, a Dalek casing opens to reveal Harriet Jones, played by Penelope Wilton, the mother of all the new Daleks.

The Daleks have enslaved 21st century London, but which London?

Rumoured to feature the Torchwood team too as well as the newly created daughter of the Doctor.

It's also possible the Master will be back in this episode, manipulating everything from behind the scenes.

Somewhere in this story, the Doctor and co travel to an alternate future with the Daleks running the world and greenhouse gases at an all time high.

This would also be story number 200 and worth a celebration in itself.

The final scenes involve the Doctor being wounded in a freak explosion which splits him into two Doctors and Sarah, Jack, Martha, Rose and Donna trying to save him.

This is believed to be a crash and burn story which wipes out almost anything that Russell T Davies has had a hand in creating in the past few years so that the new producer can start with a clean slate, so to speak.

Message for RTD. PLEASE PLEASE don't make this a global warming story. While most people on Earth think it's carbon causing the increasing temperature the Doctor would KNOW it is just the sun's solar cycle. If there's anything about carbon/global warming, please let it be the other characters who say it.

At least Stargate Atlantis included an off-the-cuff remark to confirm to viewers they were going to stick to the facts - "Rodney: This isn't some kind of cyclical climate

The faintest subtlest whiff of bullshit.

But a non canon film that also had Ray "Mr Benn" Brooks, in it...

Cribbins, Brooks it only needed Brian Cant to have the Holy Trinity of childrens narrators.

kjs

406. The Doctor's Daughter
(For once, I guessed the title correctly!)
197 100508 by Stephen Greenhorn
The Doctor discovers a laboratory on Earth which has been experimenting with his DNA. They've used it to create something so shocking, so unimaginably evil that it will scare you to the root of your core, destroy your faith in the Whoniverse and give you nightmares for years to come. They create the Doctor's daughter. NB: He'll probably find out about this at a scientific establishment wearing his James Bond tuxedo. There'll be lots of explosions and running around and probably a computer graphic monster or two. Think Alien 4 meets James Bond.