I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,718

Well, they can go there for their holidays then.

Quote: Lazzard @ 11th December 2023, 5:13 PM

Well, they can go there for their holidays then.

Wish you were here (instead of me)

"Significant human rights issues included credible reports of: unlawful or arbitrary killings; torture or cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment by the government; harsh and life-threatening prison conditions; arbitrary detention; political prisoners or detainees; transnational repression against individuals located outside the country, including killings, kidnappings, and violence; arbitrary or unlawful interference with privacy; serious restrictions on free expression and media, including threats of violence against journalists, unjustified arrests or prosecutions of journalists, and censorship; serious restrictions on internet freedom; substantial interference with the freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of association, including overly restrictive laws on the organization, funding, or operation of nongovernmental and civil society organizations; serious and unreasonable restrictions on political participation; and serious government restrictions on or harassment of domestic and international human rights organizations."

Quoting long passages without specifying the source is as pointless as making up lies.

Such passages are only meaningful if you say who said it.

Why the F do you continue to waste our time!!!

It makes you seem to be a right twit and discourages bothering to read any of your messages.

Parrots rarely talk sense.

Who the hell made you forum police ?

I'll do whatever I like, if you don't like it Bill then tough tits pal!

I really couldn't give two shits what you think

We never read them.
Can't you write your own opinion? It would be a start.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th December 2023, 9:43 PM

We never read them.

Someone asked a question.
Someone else provided a defintive answer.
Then someone had a bit of an eppy.
Just another day on the BCG.

The truth hurts obviously

Especially when it's been copied and pasted

😆

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th December 2023, 9:43 PM

Yup here's one

You're a big headed, stuck up, arrogant prat

For starters.

Yeah, you've got a point - I really enjoyed that 😋

Hey... feelings.
Hate post hate post.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th December 2023, 5:09 PM

But Arsenal FC seem to think it's OK.

So does the UN. They sent Afghan schoolgirls there.

Quote: billwill @ 11th December 2023, 7:18 PM

Quoting long passages without specifying the source is as pointless as making up lies.

Such passages are only meaningful if you say who said it.

Just googled the quote billwill. It's from a .gov site and is the "2022 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices: Rwanda." Several posters (previous pages) were asking why it was inhuman to send people to Rwander, but granted you weren't one that asked, so no need to read it. Our .gov-ernment should have though.

Quote: Lazzard @ 11th December 2023, 10:08 PM

Someone asked a question.
Someone else provided a defintive answer.
Then someone had a bit of an eppy.
Just another day on the BCG.

Some one provided an answer to nothing. Having no credibility at all.

Hey ho if its writtemn on BCG it must be the truth.... Oh yeah..

There is No God.

The Police force will be disbanded next week to save costs & let one more MP have a beach holiday.

The king is dead long live Queen Camilla.

Everything posted on BCG is a lie.

Etc etc.

Quote: billwill @ 12th December 2023, 10:29 AM

Some one provided an answer to nothing. Having no credibility at all.

Well, the question was asked - you might have to scroll back.
And we now, courtesy of Firkin, have the - turns out very credible - source, cited.
All in all, there seems to be an unwarranted amount of knicker-twisting going on.

And I'm still waiting for my apology 🧐

I've got all day.......

Rwanda may be a corrupt shit hole, but you have to admire their government- they are clearly quite savvy

They've managed to devise a scheme whereby they can scam over a quarter of a billion pounds from a rich European country - for doing absolutely nothing!

Genius ✌️

Meanwhile, certain people will be delighted to learn that as of today, there's now a spare bed on the Bibby Stockholm....

We can't rely on the US government to be truthful though, can we?

Anyway, the bickering seen above is really not necessary, and not pleasant to read. Can everyone please cool down? No one is expecting everyone to be in agreement or avoid debate - least of all me! - but we should be able to do it with respect and agree to disagree when necessary. The mud-slinging and intentionally aggravating behaviour I am seeing on both sides is really uncalled-for. It harms the cohesion of the community we've already established here, and is a barrier to new members joining in. If it continues to occur we will be forced to issue formal warnings to individuals and to consider suspension and banning in some cases.

Go have some mince pies and calm down.

I agree

However personally I don't instigate it

Constantly I'm being harangued and lectured about how and what I post by certain people

What I should and shouldn't do and comments like:

"Why the F do you continue to waste our time!!!

It makes you seem to be a right twit and discourages bothering to read any of your messages"

And

"We get tired of your constant maniacal posts.
You are a queer fellow."

I know I should bite my proverbial lip, but I only have so much patience !