I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,723

Quote: fasty @ 13th December 2023, 9:12 PM

How about Physician heal thyself ........

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23986298.doctor-cameroon-named-man-died-bibby-stockholm-barge/

Oh, well, that's OK then.

Never thought I'd see the day when people would openly celebrate an innocent guys death and the terrible mental trauma that would have led to take his own life.

But, hey, Brexit Britain!

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th December 2023, 9:44 AM

Not sure he mentioned mass genocide.
But the blaming of 'others' was/is very much a tactic of Populist/Nationalist regimes.
It's always someone else's fault.
If they're a different colour/religion - all the better.

Did you hear Nick Fletchers (Tory MP) speech in parliament yesterday ?

Went through a big list of things not right in this country and basically blamed it all on immigrants

Nothing at all to do with his party's policies over the last 13+ years

Absolute tool

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th December 2023, 10:25 PM

Oh, well, that's OK then.

Never thought I'd see the day when people would openly celebrate an innocent guys death and the terrible mental trauma that would have led to take his own life.

But, hey, Brexit Britain!

Zer vill be no jokes zat offend me. Verboten.

There weren't a lot of jokes on my twitter feed.
Just a great deal of "One less mouth to feed" & "Serves him right".

And if your talking about Fatsy's effort - I was commenting on the article - not the joke.

I was commenting on the alleged joke to be honest as my rule of thumb is that I will laugh at most subjects as long as they're funny. But not when its more of a cruel sneer that takes little work and even less taste.

Agreed. You need to be top of your game to get away with edgy jokes. Anthony Jeselnik and Frankie Boyle do Brutal humour better than most. If it's not funny it just lands like an insult. I like most dyslexic jokes because they're normally about spelling, which is accurate. Racist jokes are ignorant. Bernard Manning did have great comedic timing, shame some of his jokes lacked credibility. All credit to fasty for researching his/her joke, the second attempt was much better.

Jimmy Tarbuck aka Buck Tarbrush, crashes his car and then legs it before the rozzers show up

Not bad going for an 83 year old !

🤣

Avoiding blowing into the bag, I guess.

Tory Scousers are the worst in the world. Plus he is about as funny as losing your wallet.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 14th December 2023, 12:11 PM

Tory Scousers are the worst in the world. Plus he is about as funny as losing your wallet.

You mean , he's a Liverpool fan ? 😄

That doesn't help, no him and Cilla were vocal Tory voters. I'm all for people from working class stock doing well but I never understand why they forget their roots? Of course they can vote Tory behind a curtain and thats fine but when they stand next to a woman who attempted to manage our City's decline and the party of a man who sent gunships up the Mersey to break a docks strike I just don't understand them.
Paul McCartney has never even stated what team he supports let alone his politics and he is a million times more famous than a poor 70s joke teller,

Selfish people vote for whatever serves them best, hence students want labour and some switch to tax reducing governments when they're doing all right Jack. They also drink drive at 83 and run from the Police. Paul didn't run when they got him for narbis.

Neither did Lennon when the bent bastards planted drugs in his home

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th December 2023, 2:56 PM

Neither did Lennon when the bent bastards planted drugs in his home

They did moan about paying their tax though.
(Top rate was about 90%, mind you)

At one point they were getting a penny out of every pound. They should have had a chat with Ken Dodd he refused to do anything that wasn't cash in hand.
His family home in Knotty Ash that he lived in all his life had a small coal yard attached. His brother Arthur use to deliver our coal and he was almost the spitting image of him and if people never paid him on Fridays he would go around the back and recover what coal was left, none of that 'Can I pay next week' lark.
That said Ken was amazing when it came to charities.