BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 22

Well done to Anton who has taken a small lead in the league and as a former winner may be difficult to catch (though not if he plays like last season). There's still plenty of time and opportunity for this to change so no-one should lose heart at this stage.

Anyone who's read the rules (page 14) will know there is an exception to the no post/no play rule up until the deadline of GW3. This is mainly to allow me time to try to contact Dan.

So no-one can get booted this week for not posting. That said, most of you have posted - some multiple times, so well done - genuinely - take a bow. That's all we want - a league where everyone gets in the mix.

These are the people who have posted so far:

Radish
Ben
Fiori
Lazzard
Playful
Steve
Herc
JP
Anton
Goodlad
Kipper
Bunter

Non posters:

Don
Vanden Stock
Dan

Remember posts have to be after the deadline and before the deadline, so posting at 9.30 on Saturday morning didn't count for example. The reason for this is to encourage posts about the actual week's football, which are impossible until after the deadline.

Don, Vanden Stock and Dan have until Saturday September 4th to post. After the international break posting will be deadline to deadline. In other words if the deadline is Saturday 11am one week and Friday 6.30pm the following week, you have seven days to make your post and it must be after the first time and before the next.

I will post names of people who haven't posted long before they are booted. To re-iterate I don't want to expel anyone.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2021, 3:28 PM

I don't know why I bother. As soon as I play anyone, it all goes out of the window.................I am, I'm cursed. What a f**king load of shit.

I started bottom last season and worked my way to second. Don't give up. As I've said multiple times before, this game is essentially bingo.

If it relied on anything other than luck the same people would win it every year and it would be won by industry professionals and pundits, rather than a skinny Dutch bloke with no girlfriend who glues the tinfoil onto satellites.

Speaking on behalf of Vanden Stock - i'm not sure it is fair to ask a ghost to post...

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 25th August 2021, 12:42 AM

I started bottom last season and worked my way to second. Don't give up. As I've said multiple times before, this game is essentially bingo.

If it relied on anything other than luck the same people would win it every year and it would be won by industry professionals and pundits, rather than a skinny Dutch bloke with no girlfriend who glues the tinfoil onto satellites.

:D

Thanks Godot, as ever, encouraging words. BUT if I get shit points again this week, I will have to consult a witch-doctor.

Need to decide whether to use a transfer this week to ditch Deeney, who doesn't;t appear to be a likely starter (and didn't make much difference when he finally got off the bench). Or hold my water and save up my transfer for next week, bearing in mind the pundits reckon Tsimikas may no longer be a nailed on starter.
Also, point of information - what counts as a save? And I presume a save that's later ruled as taken from an off-side position doesn't count (stupid new rule IMHO).

Another question.
Is there anywhere you can see what you originally payed for a player?

Bunter is the man to ask. His knowledge of this game is fantastic.

Like - put your 3 subs in order of preference. If you have a none-player, they will be swapped from No 1 first.
No good having your 3rd sub with 5 points and your first with only 1. That's 4 points spaffed :)

'And what do points make?

Quote: Lazzard @ 25th August 2021, 10:35 AM

Is there anywhere you can see what you originally payed for a player?

Yes, click on 'Transfers' you'll see an option to see your team as a 'pitch view' or a 'list view' with Pitch being the default. List view shows the Purchase Price (PP), Current price (CP) and Selling Price (SP).

Thanks all.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th August 2021, 11:03 AM

'And what do points make?

A suspended Driving Licence?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 25th August 2021, 2:46 PM

:D Better than my old hat "prizes"

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 25th August 2021, 2:46 PM

:D

Quote: playfull @ 25th August 2021, 12:43 AM

Speaking on behalf of Vanden Stock - i'm not sure it is fair to ask a ghost to post...

Took me a while to work this out. Playfull and Vanden Stock are the same person. Was going to tell you to change your name but just noticed that Anton does the same, calls himself Contains Nuts on here and Anton on FPL, so you get away with it!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 23rd August 2021, 9:31 PM

Well I was hoping for an Antonio blank as I don't got him
Half an hour left and I'm pretty sure he'll add to his tally

#jinxattempt

Antonio is actually a really good footballer, he's just made out of puff pastry.

Quote: Feeoree @ 21st August 2021, 6:25 PM

Might end up an alright weekend for me in this. Making Trent Alexander-Arnold captain paid off, he's 18 points today and carrying the team, though with the other half of my team to play tomorrow I wonder how it'll pan out.

Risky but good when it pays off. Tried it once last season but didn't go that well.

When I saw that Trent Alexander-Arnold got an assist I shouted Yes! That's what that extra £3.5m gets you! Then I noticed that Tsimikas also got an assist...Teary

It's as much about dosh as bosh, this game, a bit like Totopoly, Billy'll know it. I'm always aiming to be a blend of Del Boy & Sir Fergie, or Harry Redknapp in short. But now we're in such stringent times, I'm taking after Albert Arkwright. No expensive Liverpool double barrelled surnames or Egyptians in my team, when I can get a Duffy for peanuts. Unimpressed

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th August 2021, 10:38 AM

It's as much about dosh as bosh, this game, a bit like Totopoly, Billy'll know it.

Many a happy school holiday playing Totopoly with my schoolmates.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th August 2021, 1:08 PM

Many a happy school holiday playing Totopoly

The entire holiday, if I remember correctly.
It took bloody forever.
We've got a really old edition somewhere.