BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 16

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 17th August 2021, 10:43 AM

Seems you do have a problem with me taking over the admin duties.

Full disclosure; I asked Bunter in a PM if he would delete his league (to avoid confusion and so that we could use his 'League of Gentlemen' name - because it's good name and as a gesture to him for not getting the admin, which he thought he was). I was cool with his not wanting me to use his name but I'm not cool with him running a parallel league. He's got the admin next season, he should wait till then and not be an arse.

I reiterate that I have no particular wish to be administrator of the league this year, next year or any other year. In fact I wasn't even going to enter the league this season until I was persuaded that it would all run smoothly unlike last year (that's gone well hasn't it?):

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th August 2021, 4:21 PM

Thought I might stick just to the H2H this season since there can be no changes to it once it has started. No tardy latecomers, no changing the starting gameweek 6 months into the competition, no threats of being thrown out for any reason and no infiltrators...

My only concern, as an entrant, is that it is run fairly and without constant confrontation. It shouldn't matter who runs the league. In every other league I have ever entered the administrator's (or chairman's) only job is to set it up and accept the entries. After that it is all down to the site of the league itself (ie to calculate and publish the tables). The administrator's job is done. I have never been involved in a league that sets further rules, does its best to antagonise its members and constantly threatens disqualification. Yes, it's nice to have (good-natured) banter along the way but that shouldn't be the sole consideration. I'm sure, with the managers we have, that will happen as a matter of course anyway.

In any case, the league is for members of the BCG. You are proposing to ban those who don't contribute to the FFL thread - regardless of the fact that they may post on any number of other threads on a weekly basis. You could just as easily justify disqualifying managers who contribute just to this one thread while making no effort to contribute to any of the other available threads (which, after all, in total, cover the core purpose of the BCG site far more than this one does).

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th August 2021, 2:15 PM

I reiterate that I have no particular wish to be administrator of the league this year, next year or any other year. In fact I wasn't even going to enter the league this season until I was persuaded that it would all run smoothly unlike last year (that's gone well hasn't it?)

Yes it has. Me taking over the league has gone very smoothly. The only obstacle is the one you've presented by refusing to delete your temporary league. Your stated reason for keeping it is as a 'refuge' for people who've been 'booted off the official league'. So even before we've got underway you're trying to undermine things.

My only concern, as an entrant, is that it is run fairly and without constant confrontation. It shouldn't matter who runs the league. In every other league I have ever entered the administrator's (or chairman's) only job is to set it up and accept the entries. After that it is all down to the site of the league itself (ie to calculate and publish the tables). The administrator's job is done. I have never been involved in a league that sets further rules, does its best to antagonise its members and constantly threatens disqualification.

There is ONE rule. No-one is 'doing their best to antagonise members', and no-one is 'constantly threatening disqualification'. As for running things fairly - this league will never have a fairer admin than me. I've already said that I will enact any changes by a member vote rather than handing down a ruling.

Yes, it's nice to have (good-natured) banter along the way but that shouldn't be the sole consideration. I'm sure, with the managers we have, that will happen as a matter of course anyway.

This is a comedy site and many of us have known each other for years. The point of a comedy forum league is that there is comedy. It has been a major point of contention for years on here that people join the league but 'don't pull their weight' in contributing to it. I understand the season before last was a case in point.

In any case, the league is for members of the BCG. You are proposing to ban those who don't contribute to the FFL thread - regardless of the fact that they may post on any number of other threads on a weekly basis. You could just as easily justify disqualifying managers who contribute just to this one thread while making no effort to contribute to any of the other available threads (which, after all, in total, cover the core purpose of the BCG site far more than this one does).

Football is a team game played in front of an audience. As such it deserves a commentary - and this thread is it. What is your problem - you think you can't manage one post a week? Or you just resent being asked to make one? Stop being an aching ballsack and think about how you can make the thread worth visiting. If everybody tries to do that, even in a modest way, it'll be a vintage season.

New posters and players; welcome to the annual fratch. It stops next May.

Is it always like this?
I'm starting to wish I'd joined years ago.

Laughing out loudHaha

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 17th August 2021, 10:50 AM

Lazzard - welcome to the league. Really good to see another BCG'er from the class of '97.

Try again.

Are you saying it wasn't 97 or that they had no class?

It's more like The Wreck of the Ol' 97.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th August 2021, 12:04 PM

Just thought mine was a bit naughty.................others no good? :(

Quite liked God's Own - suggesting your new management

Why don't you go even bleedin' further and call us God's Own Toilet Ducks?

I am a sophisticated city dweller as well as doing masses for charity.

Frankly I deserve better than this.......and this current medication I'm on has turned out sodding useless.

Quote: don rushmore @ 17th August 2021, 10:07 PM

Try again.

Lazzard and me go well back.

I used to sharpen his pencils. Or his copy or something.

Fair enough but please remember: relationships that exist between posters outside of this site should be made public because, in literally your own words, "It obviously introduces an undisclosed dynamic into the forum posting."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/1172630/

Quote: don rushmore @ 18th August 2021, 1:45 AM

Fair enough but please remember: relationships that exist between posters outside of this site should be made public because, in literally your own words, "It obviously introduces an undisclosed dynamic into the forum posting."

Can't you work out your anger issues by running head first into a wall or something?

I've never met Lazzard or sharpened his pencils - it was a joke response to your pedantry over an obvious typo.

Quote: don rushmore @ 18th August 2021, 1:45 AM

Bloody Hell - four posts by Gerry. Those were the days.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th August 2021, 6:56 PM

Right then...

Admin statement

Despite hating most of you I am not going to abuse my power as league admin. There will be no summary deletions for scoring higher than me or being a wanker. You can only get booted for one thing: not posting. The posting requirements are set out below and are unbelievably modest. For that reason there will be no second chances. (There is an exception for week one. In other words, members failing to post after this gameweek will not be deleted. They will have until the deadline of GW3. This is only to give new members and posters like Ben a fair crack of the whip. After that you will be gone if you don't post).

It seems highly likely that Dan will get an early bath. That is a shame but can't be helped.

It has become a tradition to award a number of ancillary prizes along with the winner's cup. I will continue that tradition. There will be

• An overall winners' cup/prize
• A prize for the best composited image (i.e. a funny pic you made)
• A prize for the best joke
• A prize for the best bit of football analysis/rant (this can be serious or comedic)

I will decide the winners and as admin obviously cannot compete for or win these prizes myself.

There will be occasional competitions throughout the season, with prizes. (Note to Gambling Commission and police; these prizes are not real).

I am not anticipating any admin problems going forward but if there are any that require a decision I will be using a democratic vote, rather than handing down a ruling from on high.

We have 14 members so any binding vote must involve at least 8 members. Members will post their vote in the forum and the majority decision will pass.

I will be admin for this season only and will be handing over to Bunter at the end. I hope my stint will become the model for future admins.

Rules

1. Every league member will make at least one forum post every gameweek. (that is after the deadline and before the next deadline). Failure to do so will result in immediate booting. You are obviously encouraged to make more than one post per week, but that's the bare minimum.

A post cannot consist of nonsense, a stream of consciousness, a single word, information on the FPL site (such as price rises) or a quote. It must be a proper post that is addressed to the forum and relates to the game or the league. You're all witty people (mostly) and you know what a decent post looks like; so post gentlemen.

You are welcome to rejoin the league. Although you were excluded previously I see no fair or logical reason to exclude you for this season based on last season's behaviour, but please read the rules. You must post every week. Last season's effort will get you chucked out.

Fair enough. PM me the code please and I'll try and stick to the etiquette. Seems fair.

Well that's one of em ticked off, JP, only another another 37 weeks to do it. Laughing out loud

I'm not sure how many of us will manage it. My rule was just 6 posts for the season and at least 3 players didn't manage that!