Coronavirus Page 75

It boggles my mind that someone would call the cops because some kids were playing a game. Even more so that they actually showed up.

Last week they cautioned an 82 year old woman for having a cup of tea in a garden with a neighbour.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st March 2021, 5:19 PM

Last week they cautioned an 82 year old woman for having a cup of tea in a garden with a neighbour.

Ridiculous. What are the chances that they'd show up if her home had been burgled?

And if she catches covid off her neighbour and dies , the police may have saved her life

Plus she's got a bit of excitement and a great anecdote to tell her friends.

She'll be vaccinated....Keep up

You can still spread it once vaccinated.

Quote: chipolata @ 21st March 2021, 6:43 PM

Plus she's got a bit of excitement and a great anecdote to tell her friends.

Oh! Young man.

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st March 2021, 10:12 PM

You can still spread it once vaccinated.

You probably need to read up on it more.

Data is still ongoing and at present it's 80% that you can't be infected after the jab.
The 20% that can are highly unlikely to to infect the other 20% - logistics and all that.
And it's 100% that you will not be hospitalised if you are infected.

80% is after second jab - though it's lower for the over 80's.
Avoidance of hospitalisation is currently estimated at 90% not 100% - still good though (though, again, not so effective for the over 80's)
On transmission after vaccination - the jury is out - but better safe than sorry. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210203-why-vaccinated-people-may-still-be-able-to-spread-covid-19 & https://www.healthline.com/health-news/you-can-still-spread-develop-covid-19-after-getting-a-vaccine-what-to-know

As I said - read the news. You are behind and just being belligerent now.
Listened with me own ears this morning.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd March 2021, 10:11 AM

As I said - read the news. You are behind and just being belligerent now.
Listened with me own ears this morning.

So it must be true.

How can anyone say it's 100% that you will not be hospitalised if you are infected when they don't even know the full effectiveness of the vaccine or even how long it's effective for?

Why on earth do you think I'm being belligerent?
It was just series of statements - zero emotion or side to them.
You questioned my facts - I looked them up.
They were the most recent I could find. Not recent enough, it seems.
I've now seen the Telegraph report on the US research - and you're right, they say 100% effective against severe or critical disease (I'm presuming that's after second jab - or why would we bother having two?) 90% was the most recent figure prior to that. Good news all round, then.
But on transmission - ie you get it without significant symptoms, but can still spread it - that still stands. It's why they want you to keep wearing a mask, even after the jab.
Your a funny one SG - you love jumping down people's throats but get uppity when you get even the mildest bit of blow-back - or even questioned.

But you're now allowed to "leave home for recreation outdoors such as a coffee or picnic with their household or support bubble or with one person outside their household".

Why is it more dangerous to have a tea/coffee with your already vaccinated neighbour outdoors in your own garden than in a public space where you may well be in the proximity of any number of unvaccinated people?

Completely illogical and totally ludicrous!

What do you expect from the Tories? They're too busy robbing the tax payers to be arsed about the plebs.