I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,098

Comedian John Bishop has tweeted to Greta Thunberg, "You are an inspirational person. You have breathed life into the climate debate that was failing to get the attention it deserved. Whatever happens with the world it is a better place with you in it."

Jeremy Clarkson, takes a somewhat different view, branding her a spoiled brat who should shut up and get back to school. He further suggests that the problem of climate change is more likely to be solved by scientific advance than by someone like her scowling and having screaming ab-dabs every five minutes.

BCG members who agree with John should press "1" on their keypads: those who agree with Jeremy, press "2".

Vote now, please! Laughing out loud

Frankly, Isabella, I don't give a damn what you think or say.

Returning briefly to God's less-than-tolerant attitude towards human sexuality, we're all well aware that God prescribes death for any man engaging in intimacy with another man but I'm sure it will come as news to many BCG members that according to God's law (as revealed in Deuteronomy), any woman who is not a virgin at the time of her marriage shall be stoned to death.

BIBLICAL HUSBAND: No way were you a virgin when we got married: I'm going to have you stoned to death!

BIBLICAL WIFE: Oh yeah? Well, what about you and your friend at boarding school?

BIBLICAL HUSBAND: I told you that in confidence!

;) :D

I love the taste of chocolate and the taste of orange but the combination of the two is a huge problem for me. But then brown's a weird colour. You wouldn't happily sit in a brown car. No one paints the walls of their house brown. In clothing it is often regarded as too close to beige and the 1970s. Yet it is a cast iron fact that brown coloured folk are more attractive though not necessarily in a sexual way. I used to regard that as a counter-balance but at my time of life what it means is a win-win. Pinkos lose but to what exactly? Something normal. They have been over-sexualised since the GIs arrived.

As one mate said to me years ago in regard to some female who had mucked him about for eight years, I can't wait until this bloody hormone stage is over. Have we really got to have another four decades of this? No. I said. Go and get yourself a tattoo to sort yourself out. Which he did and it was unusual then, even for a biker, Of course, he always regretted it and hated that I am entirely without tattoos, knowing it is a very foolish pastime. He stopped speaking to me after that.

And then there is the aspect that is the Brown Cow - a pub that I used to frequent in York much to the irritation of locals after the lock-in - but I was on my annual visit to Titsey a month ago with a mate. It is full of brown cows, literally, and as I said to him there has been a feeling growing in me since 50 that they have the most beautiful faces on the planet. Unlike my parents' gardener, I did not have my tongue permanently hanging out when I spoke. There wasn't any insinuation of wanting to kiss them or anything and anyhow I was in shorts and there was a barbed wire fence. But when they are slaughtered Titsey sells off the meat and my view is that we should enjoy food as much as we can before it all goes tablet.

Orange. Well, that has changed, of course. Once the epitome of moderation and balance and almost always the best type of flower although I understand blue eyed people tend to go more for purples. Shame. In their mix of sky and blood they are so often the choice of those unfortunate people with a mental illness. Now orange is that amber light where people are about to be told to go from forums . "So you feel as a lifelong LIberal Democrat that it was alright for an old crone to say that Mrs May should be shot by paintball in the groin. As one who is for womens' rights too, do you not feel that is somewhat violent?" "No, it's only paintball". "Oh yes, as opposed to what? Murder?". Silence. Booted off. Such is life.

Greta Thunberg has the most amazing scowl. She looks like she has never skipped lightly through a field of daisies like a girl as me and my mates often did (and we were all more or less real proper boys). We climbed trees while identifying birdsong, went scrumping in orchards and observed in thunder and lightning a rainbow as we gathered our newts in a jam jar. All the while, our cassette players booming out tinnily "Neanderthal Man" by Hotlegs. I told a mate that the song was the roots of a plant and he believed me but then we were all very young then. I doubt that any of us was older than 27.

She's pissed off. Gretchen Thumlaut-Gesellschaft for having her childhood stolen away from her. I've got news for you love. It never started. Partly your fault. Partly your parents. Partly the allure of having the audience of a goggle eyed Ed Miliband in awe. I would be furious myself in your position and I speak as someone who at birth was both zero and 32. I just thank the lord the zero bit was a part of the equation. She needs to spend a year mucking out on a farm and eating sausage at a campfire with stupid "lads" who insist on boxing and showing their willies to each other to rekindle her soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHjeuRwnSJY

Excellent ramblelogue Horse, even better than your usual high standard. Just one small thing I'd like to pick up on - I would and have very happily sat in brown cars, in fact it's possibly my all time favourite car colour, especially the metallic version. Used to ride in a metallic brown Ford Granada and it was a very lovely experience. If I had the money I'd buy a classic Rover P6 in deep brown with beige leather interior. I like the new Mini in brown as well, classy.

My first car was identical to this one:

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th September 2019, 8:56 PM

a classic Rover P6 in deep brown.

Haha.

Thanks to all of you. Yes, I will withdraw my more vehement car comments. That is, much as a snail retracts into a shell only to make curious appearances in the night time for no purpose at all while still being fairly likeable. I note that none of you are too keen on the orange Morris Marina. That was one of my Dad's. The best was the £30 1963 Skoda but hey enough of the really great times. I did have two minis - one blue van and one, erm, orange. It was owned by a 16 stone woman and everyone told me not to do it as the suspension would drop out. I liked her. £550.

Somewhere between a match at Old Trafford and York on a dark, rainy night, I proceeded to a service station with a mate alongside who seriously doubted my driving and found that we were quickly up on an eight feet high kerb from which I had to drop down. The suspension dropped out. I did get us back at 10mph, scraping on the surface. The marks may still be there. Luckily almost everyone on the M62 was exceeding the speed limit so the cop cars went in their direction although every thought of their sirens can bring on one of my acute episodes even now. Oh the memories. People these days don't know they are born.

(Best colour for a car, especially a mini, no connotations other than it is classic "streamlined" coolness : racing green!)

Quote: Rood Eye @ 30th September 2019, 9:08 PM

Lovey

Jim Rockford drove a fantastic brown Pontiac, and you can't get much cooler than Jim Rockford.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th September 2019, 9:24 PM

Jim Rockford drove a fantastic brown Pontiac, and you can't get much cooler than Jim Rockford.

Yeah, yeah, I concede. :)

That's right, it was a similar shade of brown to DaButt's, from memory. Is that a Dodge? I can't make out the badge, and that's just a tinge lighter than the Granada Ghia I rode in. From memory again, which isn't always accurate.

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th September 2019, 9:35 PM

Thanks for those words of common sense. I didn't for a minute think the Polis would be at my door. If anybody with half a brain ( and that rules out a few folk on this board) cares to analyse what I wrote, there was no direct threat to anybody. For the record, I've never lettered, emailed or phoned any MP and would have to search around to find out how to do that. If I want evil to befall anybody, I'd do it by hex. Mwaaa, ha ha! Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Even though you're Scotch you probably wouldn't know which way to point a machine gun.

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th September 2019, 11:41 PM

ONE of your problems is that you can't bear anybody who doesn't share your slavish devotion to Brexit.

Neither can I!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th September 2019, 9:43 AM

The company that makes McVitie's Jaffa Cakes is now owned by a Turkish conglomerate but, as far as I know, every McVitie's Jaffa Cake in the world is born on the outskirts of Manchester - the factory straddles the border between Manchester and Stockport.

The McVitie's factory on Stockport Road is well known for the absolutely marvellous aroma of deliciousness that very often permeates the air for some distance around the factory! Laughing out loud

With all this fuss about Champagne, Cheddar and Cornish Cream Teas then maybe Jaffa cakes have to be made in Turkey.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th September 2019, 10:16 AM

In that case, it's an outrage! Angry

This is the ancestral home of the Jaffa Cake:

I don't think so!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th September 2019, 9:34 PM

That's right, it was a similar shade of brown to DaButt's, from memory. Is that a Dodge? I can't make out the badge, and that's just a tinge lighter than the Granada Ghia I rode in.

It's a 1978 Chevrolet Nova.