I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,102

Quote: Rood Eye @ 4th October 2019, 8:06 PM

Emma Willis arrived at Piccadilly Station, Manchester today on her way to work on The Circle - Channel 4's reality TV show set in a block of flats.

At 43 and without make-up, am I right in thinking she looks even better offscreen than she does on?

She is great and looks great but just because she has no 'stage' makeup that does not mean she has no makeup. Maybe she is going for the natural look.
:S
Laughing out loud

Quote: Firkin @ 6th October 2019, 8:33 AM

Thousands have just marched for Scottish Independence. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49932819

Wales has just called for an Independence referendum https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-49919125

Divided we fall.

Yes but the only ones who march are the ones with extreme views. They don't represent the average person.

And what do we think of Hong Kong? Not to mention the immoral American bitch who's killed a young biker and run off home claiming diplomatic immunity.

The newsagent didn't spontaneously combust in camouflage trousers. There was some weird sort of gremlin on the night.

It could have come from a channelling of Krook in Bleak House. Oddly it also coincided with (i) me putting a picture of Julia McKenzie above my non existent fireplace, (ii) the release of my new record which I hope to be No 1 at Christmas in order to raise a lot of money for ecologists but only if they use drones to prevent operations: "Carol : In The Bleakest Midwinter/House of the Rising Sun Flood (extinction drill vs ragamuffin rebellion vershun)" and (iii) a further viewing of the Detectorists episode in which they can't sell any camo fleeces but Sophie again confirms she is the greatest Thompson. Certainly as Sheila she is the more fanciable one. Lemonade and blue eye shadow easily beat a pink boat of coke snorters.

The bloke with the news sketch on climate change scientists sounds like he is impersonating Steve Punt. Which is fair enough but not the most obvious pastime. Re the one before it, yes, that's right. We must bomb Russia and eat babies as the logical priority over using a car just twice a week, flying only once every year or less and, in the case of the clearly passionate young lady who gave the speech, eating herself to save a baby. Like Jesus died so the rest of us could live.

The Boris groping allegations are potentially not without significance but squeezing someone's hand under a table on a panel show was in olden days often just a sign of warm support. A "good on you for making such a wonderful comment with which I wholeheartedly concur". Last Saturday, a bloke slapped me on the backside in a shop. There wasn't anything sexual in it. I was ahead of him in the queue. I had the last Walls's chicken and bacon pasty. He had a Walls's chicken and mushroom pasty in his hand and said "oh, no........you've got my favourite one!". I said to him I would be happy to swap. He said laughing "no mate, don't be f**king silly". That was when the slap occurred in the spirit of "we're best "mates"".

This did actually happen. It was in the shop where 100% of things actually happen whereas in the newsagents only 95% of things actually happen. Well, I say 100%. Call it 99.9%. Officially they aren't pasties. Walls's call all their pasties "a slice".

Sad about those six dead elephants.

Extinction Rebellion are blocking major routes in London today as they protest about the effects of climate change.

All this fighting and marching? It's an outrage. Put 'em in the army for a couple of years - that'll stop 'em fighting and marching!

Meanwhile, it seems the effects of climate change are not quite as bad as some people are making out.

According to reports, the greater horseshoe bat has returned to the East of England for the first time in more than a century. A spokesman for the Bat Conservation Trust has suggested that the ongoing changes in our climate might actually be good for these rare and elusive little creatures.

One thing's for sure: global warming is certainly good for British pensioners - some of whom are more than a little batty.

Do you see what I did there? Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ 7th October 2019, 6:33 AM

Sad about those six dead elephants.

Awful. I can't bear to think about it.

Quote: BTF @ 7th October 2019, 1:22 PM

Awful. I can't bear to think about it.

And did you read about the zebra in Germany? Another sad thing.

Extinction Rebellion appears to have control of several main thoroughfares in central London despite Boris's promise to hit them with the full force of the law.

Why doesn't he simply tell the police that every single one of the protesters pinched somebody's bum 20 years ago?

If he does that, the cops will have them all off the streets and locked up in custody in no time at all! Laughing out loud

Read a terrible story about a woman and her young son that went on a hot air balloon ride in China that was attached to ropes so it couldn't go higher than 50 metres but they snapped causing it to ascend so high up people on the ground lost sight of them. It caused the balloon to split and it plummeted to the ground killing both. I can't imagine the terror during the ascent but perhaps the high altitude resulted in them falling unconscious from hypoxia.

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th October 2019, 1:50 PM

And did you read about the zebra in Germany? Another sad thing.

I didn't. I won't Google it as it sounds very sad.

Quote: BTF @ 7th October 2019, 7:59 PM

I won't Google it as it sounds very sad.

It is quite sad but it's probably nowhere near as sad as your imagination, if allowed to run riot, is going to tell you it is.

In short, a zebra escaped from a circus and found its way onto a motorway, so somebody from Animal Rescue Services shot it (dead).

See? It's sad enough but you're not going to have nightmares.

RIP zebra. :(

Quote: Rood Eye @ 7th October 2019, 8:06 PM

It is quite sad but it's probably nowhere near as sad as your imagination, if allowed to run riot, is going to tell you it is.

In short, a zebra escaped from a circus and found its way onto a motorway, so somebody from Animal Rescue Services shot it (dead).

See? It's sad enough but you're not going to have nightmares.

RIP zebra. :(

:(

Since we're talking about animal stories, I guess I'll leave this here:

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2019/oct/07/deer-smashes-through-window-of-long-island-hair-salon-video

Quote: Rood Eye @ 7th October 2019, 8:06 PM

We had a similar incident in August:

https://www.kvue.com/article/life/animals/two-zebras-dead-after-escaping-from-owners-in-new-braunfels/269-025f622e-b9f5-4623-8faa-b8424d70343e

One was tranquilized and airlifted by helicopter, but they both died anyway. :(

I've seen many zebras (and a couple of giraffes) on private property within a few miles of my house. I guess it's a Texas thing...

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th October 2019, 11:08 PM

And what do we think of Hong Kong? Not to mention the immoral American bitch who's killed a young biker and run off home claiming diplomatic immunity.

I'm not saying it's right but the situation in Hong Kong is hardly surprising. It was predictable when our lease was running out.