I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,096

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th September 2019, 8:58 PM

It says it all, that the people now causing trouble for MPs are Brexiteers. Ignorant thuggish bastards.

It's the cry baby MPs who are causing trouble for the electorate. They deserve to be bloody abused for not doing what they are elected for.

That's shite. They're elected to run the country responsibly for us, not to pander to racist ignorami

Had the Tories acted immediately after the referendum, I might have had a miniscule piece of respect for them.

Actually, I somehow feel that you wouldn't have done...

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th September 2019, 9:38 PM

That's shite. They're elected to run the country responsibly for us, not to pander to racist ignorami

They are supposed to be elected to do what we expect of them.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th September 2019, 10:09 PM

Actually, I somehow feel that you wouldn't have done...

:)

Well, again it is the coin isn't it.

The parallels with the sex thing are uncanny and probably not that coincidental, emanating as they do from the same modern mindsets.

Heads or tails. Heads or tails. Heads or tails.

Or some business on the circumference which is so rough and troubling and a bit this way and that way that the picture on both sides is rubbed off with the quickest jerk of a hand.

For gawd sake.

The answer on the other coin which I have always had in my pocket is to return to a 9 country EEC with a constitutional amendment to say it can never go any further than that situation as in never ever, ever again.

I looked for this option on the ballot paper but it wasn't there so although I voted I was disenfranchised, still am and will always now be. While the majority must have its way, deal or no deal, I'm not impressed by any of it and feel Goebbelsed.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th September 2019, 10:19 PM

They are supposed to be elected to do what we expect of them.

:)

You're being totally illogical as each person in the electorate will have different views on every different issue, so no person can possibly represent every view.

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th September 2019, 11:55 PM

You're being totally illogical as each person in the electorate will have different views on every different issue, so no person can possibly represent every view.

So one way or another we go to direct democracy.

X Factor voting by mobile phone.

That is what you are saying.

Pat Kane noted in the National Scot that a large number of Scottish people support the reintroduction of the death penalty for murder. There is the most beautiful seal on my pc wallpaper by the way. You'd love it as much as I do.

My own view for what it is worth it is that we should now grant Scotland not independence but independence for Scotland and Northern Ireland on the basis of the EU result as a separate combined country of Scotland and Northern Ireland. This so that when the SNP decides to effectively hand over Northern Ireland to the Republic via referendum or otherwise only Scotland will face the Protestant backlash. We had enough of this divisiveness in our own childhoods. I was nearly bombed by the IRA. Later, we kind of did our best but you can't embrace to an immense degree as was the case culturally at least on my part if people refuse it and hold things together. I'm pretty sure by doing it in that way Scotland will have destroyed itself and we the English will have NI off our backs. I brief my MP accordingly and obviously it goes upwards in some way.

I was. of course, born British. I regard the beauty of the Scottish landscape as mine every bit as much as any modern Scot and more so if they are younger. Couldn't give a toss about any modish renaming and political reshaping and economics involved. Whatever the law, it will be pure malevolent toytown to me. That beauty is mine, it is a part of me, it will always be in my head and there is absolutely nothing than anyone can do about that. Politics. Law. It's become tripe when it has so sadly been reduced into if you favour David Cassidy or the Osmonds - and that is just the blokes born since 1995.

Obviously I have read your posts over several years, I like you, I think you are bright, I think you can be funny and I think I am aware that your life is not especially easy so for god sake don't take personal offence. I'm nice but this is my view..

It says it all, that the people now causing trouble for MPs are Brexiteers. Ignorant thuggish bastards.

Pass me a machine gun, somebody.

It would seem that at least one of those making death threats to MPs is a remainer...

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th September 2019, 9:38 PM

That's shite. They're elected to run the country responsibly for us,

And part of their job as laid out in the conventions of Parliament is to administer the result of any referendum. They had no trouble doing it in 1975 when we voted to join the EEC, an economic institution, so why are they struggling so much with it when instructed to leave a now political institution we were denied a referendum on joining? Meddling politicians took us into this mess and are now refusing to take us out of it even when instructed to do so through the same democratic mechanism.

Or think of it this way - would you be praising Parliament if Scotland had voted to Leave the UK in your referendum and Parliament then refused to carry it out? I have my doubts you'd be as complimentary, somehow. It doesn't look that responsible to defy a democratic vote leading to general outrage and threats of violence against themselves, prospective riots and a complete loss of faith in the notion of democracy.

Huzzah! More acrimonious Brexit debate in which we further display why we now all despise each other! It truly is a golden age for Great Britain.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 27th September 2019, 8:18 PM

an entirely innocent Scouser called Thomas Cooke has been receiving death threats on Facebook from people who think he's ruined their holiday.

Killing someone because you had to pay extra to get home ! By that token they'd chop your hand of for swearing and blow up your entire family when they lose their job because they were issuing death threats. It's a very school boy threat, very Boris like.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th September 2019, 9:24 PM

It's the cry baby MPs who are causing trouble for the electorate. They deserve to be bloody abused for not doing what they are elected for.

Really ?

Quote: chipolata @ 28th September 2019, 10:11 AM

Huzzah! More acrimonious Brexit debate in which we further display why we now all despise each other! It truly is a golden age for Great Britain.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Point of order:
"They had no trouble doing it in 1975 when we voted to join the EEC, "

Nope we did not vote to JOIN the EEC the dastardly deed was already done in 1972/3 ( ? ) without population permission. In 1975 we voted to REMAIN in the EEC which was a trading agreement only.

This was later (by the Lisbon and Maastrict Treaties) converted into a political organisation and the Labour government signed in, again without population permission, despite many other EEC countries having referenda on that issue.

Quote: billwill @ 28th September 2019, 1:15 AM

It would seem that at least one of those making death threats to MPs is a remainer...

For goodness sake, Bill. You're being ridiculous. You've met me for heaven's sake - did I look like somebody who'd know one end of a gun from another, far less have the strength to fire it? You need to mix with humans more if your judgement's so badly affected.

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th September 2019, 3:40 PM

For goodness sake, Bill. You're being ridiculous. You've met me for heaven's sake - did I look like somebody who'd know one end of a gun from another, far less have the strength to fire it? You need to mix with humans more if your judgement's so badly affected.

Well that ,of course, is the problem with making threats on social media. Nobody knows which are serious and which are supposedly harmless. That may also be the case with the other idiots who make similar threats to MPs and others but I doubt whether that makes those being targeted feel any better, nor would it deter the police from pursuing the perpetrator or stand up as a defence in Court.