I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,093

Ed Milliband is to blame for all this

If he hadn't stood against his own brother for leader, David Milliband would have won the GE , maybe in a hung parliament

There would have therefore been no in-out EU referendum at all

And Jeremy Corbyn would still be a virtual unknown backbencher

Ed? Yer a daft bugger

You may well be right.

Or when Gordon Brown made that comment about the 'bigoted woman' that was recorded and the backlash lead to him resigning and paving the way for Cameron. Political eggheads regarded him as a man who works best behind the scenes so for him to become Prime Minister just seemed too pally by Tony Blair. Loose lips sink ships.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th September 2019, 11:32 AM

Bring on the Bercow!

Bring a pile of manure on the Ber cow.

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th September 2019, 1:15 PM

Indeed. He is my hero.

F**k me! I knew you were a stupid Jock but I didn't realise how stupid!

He is the speaker. He is supposed to be neutral like a referee.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th September 2019, 1:26 PM

But the whole point of the illegal shutting down of parliament was to STOP the "centuries old parliament" making any decisions. That was the judgement.
You appear to be asking for a Head-of-State who is above the law, and above the democratically elected parliament?
Still, at least the trains will run on time.

He was trying to bring about the democratic will of the people.

It's because he's impartial that the corrupt Tories don't like him. He won't bend to their privileged spoiled Etonian arses.

:O He's about as impartial as the OJ Simpson murder trial jury. He and his wife have been outspoken campaigners for Remain since the ref date was announced and he should have been replaced then. He's tilted everything against Brexit at every chance. A betrayer of democracy. Angry

Who would you have replaced him with? F**king Rees-Mogg? You just can't stand somebody in power who disagrees with your moronic racist ideas.

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th September 2019, 8:49 PM

Ed Milliband is to blame for all this

If he hadn't stood against his own brother for leader, David Milliband would have won the GE , maybe in a hung parliament

There would have therefore been no in-out EU referendum at all

And Jeremy Corbyn would still be a virtual unknown backbencher

Ed? Yer a daft bugger

He did much more damage by changing the rules to get as many people to join the Labour party as poss for just £3 so they could vote for a leader. Thousands of tories joined up just to vote for 2000 -1 shot commie Corbyn to ruin the Labour Party and make a killing betting on it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th September 2019, 12:04 AM

A betrayer of democracy. Angry

Brexiteers are just as much betrayers of democracy. Bexiteers got us into this mess by promising the most amazing Brexit deal ever, a deal that would be the easiest thing in the world to negotiate, yet they've proved again and again they have no interest whatsoever in any kind of deal that satisfies most sensible Britons and just want the most extreme No Deal Brexit imaginable.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th September 2019, 11:14 PM

the democratic will of the people.

Things have moved on since that statement, 11 judges of the high court have ruled Boris was undemocratic, he broke the law. Boris sold Brexit like it was PPI, on a bed of lies, again undemocratic. If it truely was "the peoples will" it would have happened by now. Its looks more like a hung parliament.

After 3 years Brexit still doesn't have a shred of evidence to support any of its bold claims. The remain camp has poured evidence and expert opinion into the debate. 20 thousand people at Thomas Cook lose their job and are claiming Brexit played a part. You tell them its "project fear" that they're just being "snowflakes", "traitors", "Remoners". The Brexit argument was never anything more than a bunch of insults. "Democratic will" my arse. The Brexit argument is a broken record.

So what did you think the referendum was for? Just an opinion poll that could be ignored if it wasn't your opinion.

If Parliament contains a sufficient number of pro-proroguers, Boris could very quickly introduce legislation to prevent the courts from interfering with any future decision to prorogue.

After that, he's off to see the Queen again and - bingo! Parliament is prorogued and the courts can do nothing about it.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th September 2019, 8:02 AM

So what did you think the referendum was for? Just an opinion poll that could be ignored if it wasn't your opinion.

Why not, Northern Ireland, Scotland and London voted to remain, yet they're being ignored, and anybody on the Remain side who talks about getting a sensible deal is labelled a traitor and collaborator.

In fact all Brexit has done is turn Britain into Italy. A fractured and fractious democracy that is going to throw up minority parties galore and one hung parliament after another that will be unable and incapable of solving any problems. In short, it cut Britain's balls off and turned us into a global eunuch.

Quote: chipolata @ 25th September 2019, 9:45 AM

it cut Britain's balls off

You make some fair points, Chip, but setting aside all political considerations and using only my comedy head, I feel it incumbent upon me to point out that more than half the UK population get along very nicely without balls.

I think the actual figure is close to 52% which, coincidentally . . .

No, I'm not getting into politics. Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th September 2019, 8:02 AM

an opinion poll that could be ignored

If an employee lies on the CV - I can sack them, the original offer can be ignored. If my company miss sells, you get your money back and the original transaction is ignored. The way to mend democracy is to apply those rules to everyone, including Boris and Trump.