I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,091

As all the news channels this morning were their usual self (especially the BBC) in covering a load of arseholes having some sort of conference somewhere Sleepy, I thought I do my usual of flipping through the other news channels (I can recommend Al Jazeera) and happened upon Euronews where they were reading out the rugby results..................

NOW, didn't this f**king twat read the sheet through before he started to read out what we were seeing on the screen or was he reading it live off the screen?

France 23 - 21 Argentina
England 22.09 Tonga

"So, France beat Argentina 23 to 21 and England beat Tonga 22 to 9"

He went on to do this with every pairing and I was thinking to myself did it not make him wonder WHY ALL the second games in each group had the same "score", that is 22.09 or 23.09.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud Dear oh dear oh dear - like I say, WHAT A TWAT.

Organisers at a transgender conference have given attendees a selection of 'safe space' badges to show whether or not they can cope with a conversation.

Those attending the event at Roehampton University were given green, amber and red lanyards to signal their willingness (or otherwise) to talk with others..

A green badge meant 'I wish to speak with other delegates and welcome you to approach', yellow meant 'I will approach you if I wish to speak' and red meant 'I do not wish to speak with other delegates.'

The idea is said to have sprung from recent verbal attacks on transgenderism notably by Donald Trump in respect of the US military and by feminists in the UK - many of whom the organisers say are guilty of rampant transphobia.

Several academics attending the conference from other universities have described the badge system (and I'm paraphrasing) as a load of bollocks.

Personally, I like the idea and think it should be rolled out into everyday life - not just for the transgender community but for every one of us, and not just when we're out in public. I'd like to see it used in the street, in the workplace, in places of refreshment and entertainment, and also in the home.

O, not-so-brave (but delightfully private) new world! Laughing out loud

I'm sure every BCG member will be familiar with the children's game in which one member of a group chases the others until he/she manages to touch one of them, at which point the touched person becomes the chaser.

I believe it's called "tag" in the USA: when I was a child, we called it "ticky".

In any event, Ellie Warner (one of two sisters who delight millions of viewers on Gogglebox) is in deep trouble today after telling her sister Izzi during the latest episode of the programme that she and her girlfriends play a very similar game in which one of them chases the others until she is able to grab somebody's boob or bum, at which point the grabbed person shouts out "Me too!" and becomes the chaser amid much laughter.

Ellie says she and her friends find the game absolutely hilarious but a number of viewers were not happy that any woman should see the #MeToo movement as anything but deeply serious.

Indeed, some women do treat the #MeToo movement very seriously but the revelation that other women think differently has provoked a number of #MeToo supporters to call for Ellie to be dropped from the show.

Shame on you, Ellie! :O

Ellie (left) and Izzi Warner

Quote: Rood Eye @ 22nd September 2019, 7:25 PM

Those attending the event at Roehampton University were given green, amber and red lanyards to signal their willingness (or otherwise) to talk with others..

A green badge meant 'I wish to speak with other delegates and welcome you to approach', yellow meant 'I will approach you if I wish to speak' and red meant 'I do not wish to speak with other delegates.'

Definitely put me down for a red one every time. Can't be doing with making small talk with people I don't know, nor have any desire to know.

Back with Ellie and Izzi Warner from Gogglebox, in the same show I refer to in my previous post on the subject, the two sisters were watching a news clip of Boris Johnson being berated by a woman in Doncaster.

The clip didn't show Boris's response to the woman's tirade and Ellie wondered how he might best extricate himself from that situation.

Izzi suggested he "put his knob in her gob and shut her up".

Shame on you, Izzi! :O

Deanesfield Primary School in South Ruislip has outraged parents by making its toilets gender-neutral.

Pupils, ranging from toddlers to 11-year-olds, returned to school this September to find the toilets are now unisex.

The problem isn't entirely one of principle or of politics: it's mainly that hordes of inquisitive boys are peering over and under the cubicle doors to watch girls on the loo.

The girls (and their parents) are, according to reports, not entirely delighted by the situation.

The question is who on earth could have predicted that such a situation might arise?

The answer, of course, is that absolutely everybody on earth could have predicted it!

I'm not sure gender neutrality in every aspect of life is as desirable as some people are making it out to be. Laughing out loud

Still with gender neutrality, like so many other ideas in history it must have seemed like a good idea at the time to whoever came up with it.

However, again like so many other ideas in history, the people who came up with it just didn't think it through.

Apparently, organisers of the BRIT Awards are thinking of doing away with gender categories so that there will no longer be "best male" or "best female" solo artists: there'll just be "best human" solo artist.

The snag is, of course, that the change will reduce by 50% the chances of that award being won by a man and it will reduce by 50% the chances of that award being won by a woman.

So, no matter what sex you are (or claim to be), your chances of winning a BRIT Award as best solo artist have just been cut in half.

Is that really what our recording artists want?

Because if proponents of gender neutrality across the board get their way, that's what they'll get!

You couldn't make it up.

You really could not make it up! Laughing out loud

Are you interested in anything other than culture war stuff? There is more to life than this endless war between progressives and conservatives.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd September 2019, 11:55 AM

Are you interested in anything other than culture war stuff?

Yes, I am.

It's just that there's been a lot of that stuff in the news recently and I've been moved to comment upon it in the "I read the news today" thread.

Please be assured that as the news changes, so will the content of my postings.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd September 2019, 11:55 AM

There is more to life than this endless war between progressives and conservatives.

Yes, there is.

I hope to be commenting on many other aspects of life as time goes by.

Watch this space!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 23rd September 2019, 12:19 PM

I hope to be commenting on many other aspects of life as time goes by.

We both know you won't.

£10,000,000 to bring all these people back off holiday with ABTA paying 60% and the taxpayer the balance - why the f**k are these fat cat Thomas Cook bosses not footing this bill from the obscene bonuses (£50 million) they have paid themselves over the last 10 years. And the other airline blood suckers can chip in too.

Yet another example of the world gone f**king mad.

(As you may gather - one's slightly annoyed)

Quote: chipolata @ 24th September 2019, 6:22 AM

We both know you won't.

You are either Elaine Paige or Barbara Dickson and I claim my £5. Laughing out loud

Eleven Supreme Court judges have ruled unanimously that Boris Johnson's suspension of Parliament was 'UNLAWFUL, void and of no effect'

The ruling was announced by Lady Hale who appears to be a dead ringer for Letitia Cropley (played by Liz Smith) in The Vicar of Dibley.

Jeremy Corbyn demands an immediate recall of Parliament and an election to get a 'democratic' government.

Gina Miller smiles and grins like a smiley grinny thing and happily hugs her QC like a happy huggy thing.

It's all happening - apart from Brexit of course, which is looking more and more as though it isn't.

Oh, and I swear to God I'm not making this up: Gina Miller's barrister's name is Lord Pannick. Laughing out loud

Bring on the Bercow!

11 - 0. That's quite a trouncing Boris got.