I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,097

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th September 2019, 3:40 PM

For goodness sake, Bill. You're being ridiculous. You've met me for heaven's sake - did I look like somebody who'd know one end of a gun from another, far less have the strength to fire it? You need to mix with humans more if your judgement's so badly affected.

That's a bit harsh considering you're the one advocating violence and he probably wouldn't recognise you if you passed him in the street.

In the interests of "peace in our forums", I should say that it's okay on a comedy forum to jokingly accused Brio of threatening to murder an unspecified group of Brexiteers.

Indeed, I believe Billy is to correct to suggest that if someone were to send a murderous threat directly or indirectly to a Brexiteer group, the defence of "I was only joking" is unlikely to see the sender acquitted.

However, in the context of Brio's post on this well-known comedy website, for her to say "Pass me a machine gun, somebody" is clearly a joke and the chances of her being convicted of a criminal offence in respect of those words are about as close to zero as it's possible to get.

So don't lose any sleep, Brio: the cops will not be coming to get you. Laughing out loud

I've got important news anyway.Jaffa Cakes are now made in Turkey.
Haven't had one for years and our local shop was having a McVitie fest.
I didn't remember them being so small and tasting so ghastly and noticed their place of manufacture as I threw the rest of the box in the bin.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th September 2019, 7:48 PM

In the interests of "peace in our forums", I should say that it's okay on a comedy forum to jokingly accused Brio of threatening to murder an unspecified group of Brexiteers.

Indeed, I believe Billy is to correct to suggest that if someone were to send a murderous threat directly or indirectly to a Brexiteer group, the defence of "I was only joking" is unlikely to see the sender acquitted.

However, in the context of Brio's post on this well-known comedy website, for her to say "Pass me a machine gun, somebody" is clearly a joke and the chances of her being convicted of a criminal offence in respect of those words are about as close to zero as it's possible to get.

So don't lose any sleep, Brio: the cops will not be coming to get you. Laughing out loud

Thanks for those words of common sense. I didn't for a minute think the Polis would be at my door. If anybody with half a brain ( and that rules out a few folk on this board) cares to analyse what I wrote, there was no direct threat to anybody. For the record, I've never lettered, emailed or phoned any MP and would have to search around to find out how to do that. If I want evil to befall anybody, I'd do it by hex. Mwaaa, ha ha! Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th September 2019, 3:40 PM

For goodness sake, Bill. You're being ridiculous. You've met me for heaven's sake - did I look like somebody who'd know one end of a gun from another, far less have the strength to fire it? You need to mix with humans more if your judgement's so badly affected.

Well why the F**K are you making death threats then! Its not MY judgement that is at fault here.

This is a public forum, if the police see your messages, they are not going to know or presume that you are a harmless little scottie, they'll cart you off to jail.

If your supposition is true how many of the death threats received by MPs are from stupid people like you. If all of them, then the MPs panic is a storm in a tea cup.. But how would they know with people like you posting messages like the above.

Scene: a dwelling house.

BILL and BRIO are having a political discussion.

Roodeye enters.

Quote: billwill @ 28th September 2019, 10:17 PM

Well why the F**K are you making death threats then! Its not MY judgement that is at fault here.

This is a public forum, if the police see your messages, they are not going to know or presume that you are a harmless little scottie, they'll cart you off to jail.

If your supposition is true how many of the death threats received by MPs are from stupid people like you. If all of them, then the MPs panic is a storm in a tea cup.. But how would they know with people like you posting messages like the above.

Honestly, Bill, reread. You've lost the bloody plot. And YOU call ME stupid. Who did I threaten, you silly old man?

ONE of your problems is that you can't bear anybody who doesn't share your slavish devotion to Brexit.

On the news just now - Glasgow woman's house searched for machine guns. :O How many did they find? I know a good lawyer.

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th September 2019, 9:24 PM

I've got important news anyway.Jaffa Cakes are now made in Turkey.
Haven't had one for years and our local shop was having a McVitie fest.
I didn't remember them being so small and tasting so ghastly and noticed their place of manufacture as I threw the rest of the box in the bin.

No they are still made in GB. Unless they are made under licence in Turkey for the Eastern market then I doubt they are McVities.

They didn't register Jaffa Cakes as a brand name apparently so that is why you can buy Cadbury's Jaffa Cakes here and I often have. Pretty good, possibly not as orangey and more chocolatey but do the job.

Hate Jaffa Cakes. Sick

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th September 2019, 7:49 AM

No, (Jaffa Cakes) are still made in GB. Unless they are made under licence in Turkey for the Eastern market then I doubt they are McVities.

The company that makes McVitie's Jaffa Cakes is now owned by a Turkish conglomerate but, as far as I know, every McVitie's Jaffa Cake in the world is born on the outskirts of Manchester - the factory straddles the border between Manchester and Stockport.

The McVitie's factory on Stockport Road is well known for the absolutely marvellous aroma of deliciousness that very often permeates the air for some distance around the factory! Laughing out loud

Printed on the packet I had "Made in Turkey from local and imported ingredients"
McVitie Jaffa Cakes.
Of course there could be a Turkey in Manchester.I don't know it that well.

Quote: john tregorran @ 29th September 2019, 9:53 AM

Printed on the packet I had "Made in Turkey from local and imported ingredients"

In that case, it's an outrage! Angry

This is the ancestral home of the Jaffa Cake:

Irrelevant fact from someone who rarely posts on here: Mr BTF works for the Turkish company who produce Jaffa's.

Quote: BTF @ 29th September 2019, 10:28 AM

Irrelevant fact from someone who rarely posts:

Irrelevant facts are frowned upon by the powers that be but I strongly suspect that some of my own off-topic posts, although not appreciated locally, are nevertheless being read, loved, admired and saved for posterity by comedy aficionados all over the world.

Quote: BTF @ 29th September 2019, 10:28 AM

Mr BTF works for the Turkish company who produce Jaffa's.

I bet they're a delight to work for!

Do you see what I did there?

You don't get stuff like this on NewsJack! Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th September 2019, 10:39 AM

Irrelevant facts are frowned upon by the powers that be but I strongly suspect that some of my own off-topic posts, although not appreciated locally, are nevertheless being read, loved, admired and saved for posterity by comedy aficionados all over the world.

I bet they're a delight to work for!

Do you see what I did there?

You don't get stuff like this on NewsJack! Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud