The general pop/rock - music thread Page 155

Quote: DaButt @ 1st July 2017, 3:23 PM

10 hours from now I'll be at a Roger Waters concert. I'm off to watch a few hours of anti-Israel, anti-Trump videos on YouTube to prepare myself.

How was it?

Quote: Chappers @ 12th July 2017, 6:01 PM

Hookie was and is a bloody great bass player.

Yep, I second that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th July 2017, 12:08 PM

Good to see The Lad himself in the blurred background. This man has taste. :)

Yep, I second that. Cool

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th July 2017, 8:11 PM

How was it?

It was a great show: 25 songs, and 20 of them were Pink Floyd classics. Lots of great visual effects, including the expected anti-Israel, anti-Trump stuff. Four days ago the neighbor lady took me to see Hall & Oates and Tears for Fears at the same venue and one of the TFF guys announced that they'd just played a show in Israel less than a week earlier. Yin and Yang.

TFF is one of the best and most talented British bands of the 80s imo. Their best songs are absolutely timeless, they don't have that typical 80s stench at all...my favourite is probably Head Over Heels. Perfect pop for a rock music lover!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th July 2017, 9:03 PM

TFF is one of the best and most talented British bands of the 80s imo. Their best songs are absolutely timeless, they don't have that typical 80s stench at all...my favourite is probably Head Over Heels. Perfect pop for a rock music lover!

Surprised when I saw Patti Smith had covered this, but I rather like it.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th July 2017, 9:03 PM

They were very well received by the crowd and played a great cover of Radiohead's "Creep" that turned into a singalong. Good stuff.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 17th July 2017, 10:23 PM

Surprised when I saw Patti Smith had covered this, but I rather like it.

Yes, sounds quite good. But a surprising choice, this is one of TFFs catchiest and most cheerful pop songs. I'd have thought she'd choose one of the darker tracks such as Change or Pale Shelter.

Quote: DaButt @ 17th July 2017, 10:32 PM

They were very well received by the crowd and played a great cover of Radiohead's "Creep" that turned into a singalong. Good stuff.

Great! I suppose they didn't do a duet with H & O?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th July 2017, 10:39 PM

I suppose they didn't do a duet with H & O?

No collaboration.

Wilco just announced their first show in my city since 2006. It'll be nice to see them and my friend without traveling hundreds of miles.

In a recent interview, Victoria Beckham argues her solo album was not a success because 'People weren't used to seeing me out of the context of the Spice Girls. Also, the music was direct pop and there was inverse snobbery back then - like people were afraid to have fun. Also, not all the 'name' producers I wanted were available.' She is wrong. It's because it was total and utter f**king shit. Man, it sucked like a priest at Play School. I'm the biggest fan the Spice Girls ever had and even I think it's f**king shit, that tells you something - like the fact she was 'the talentless one' in THE F**KING SPICE GIRLS. Ringo was the talentless Beatle but he was next to lyricist Lennon and melodic McCartney, you're next to Blonde Bimbo Baby Big-Tit Bunton and Geri-whose-entire-persona-is-based-on-your-hair-colour-and-it-ain't even-yours and YOU'RE the crap one. I can't believe I used to think she was fit, she looks like a cross between a stick insect and another stick insect, I'd rather bonk David, at least he's got proper tits.

Also, not all the 'name' producers I wanted were available.'

How many dis she want?

I forgot about the pre-sale for the Wilco show in my city, but 6 hours later I was able to purchase 4 seats in the middle of the third row. That'll do nicely.

Quote: DaButt @ 19th July 2017, 10:51 PM

I ...I was able to purchase 4 seats in the middle of the third row. That'll do nicely.

Blimey, that doesn't sound very healthy. You have to lose a bit of weight, mate.

Enjoy the concert. My first and only Wilco concert was about 5 years ago. Hope too see them again soon.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th July 2017, 11:02 PM

Blimey, that doesn't sound very healthy. You have to lose a bit of weight, mate.

I'm a stereotypically fat American, but not quite that fat.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th July 2017, 11:02 PM

My first and only Wilco concert was about 5 years ago. Hope to see them again soon.

I've probably seen them 30 times in several different states and countries and they always put on a great show. I should be able to get backstages passes for my group, so it should be a great evening.

Not a band that I cared about, but it's sad that he killed himself and left 6 kids without a father.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7873783/linkin-park-chester-bennington-suicide

Quote: DaButt @ 20th July 2017, 7:26 PM

Not a band that I cared about, but it's sad that he killed himself and left 6 kids without a father.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7873783/linkin-park-chester-bennington-suicide

Not a fan either. This is the only song by them I like:

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 20th July 2017, 7:53 PM

Anyway, RIP. :(

Following on from the "Game" thread I thought I'd educate you a bit on Radio Stars.

Lead singer Andy Ellison had been in John's Children with Marc Bolan, bassist Martin Gordon had been with Sparks and guitarist Andy MacLeod with Jet. They had a hit in 1977 with the brilliant Nervous Wreck but one song I love of theirs is Dirty Pictures.

"I get my kicks up in the attic
With my Kodak instamatic!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKG-hUBDSlE