I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,894

Quote: DaButt @ 20th February 2017, 8:29 PM

Are we talking about British cowboy films? Did such a thing even exist?

Oh yes:

"How! Me-um heap big paleface chief from-um Stodge City. Me-um salute-um big chief. Me-um want-um pow-wow."
"I say, you do talk funny. You must be foreigners."

"This is my squaw, Kitikata. I bought her for two buffalo skins."
"How!"
"Never mind how, where?"

So now 'The White House' (i.e. Trump) is blocking some of the media from media briefings. Taking lessons from Putin, perhaps? I just don't understand why some Americans don't see what a dangerous swine he is. Next step - take over the press? And he tries to tell folk he supports democracy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again with NO apologies - where is Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him? I know many people who agree with me there.

And now we're getting 'Hail Trump' and the Nazi salute. Is this really happening?

Brilliant! Now California may leave the Union. Power to them!

Quote: keewik @ 25th February 2017, 12:24 AM

And now we're getting 'Hail Trump' and the Nazi salute. Is this really happening?

Plus they won't have to build a wall to keep America out.

They'll just get high and visualise one.

BBC banned from the White House press briefing. :)
I think he can stuff that state visit up his arse.

And that dangerously liberal Daily Mail.

Quote: zooo @ 25th February 2017, 8:56 AM

BBC banned from the White House press briefing. :)
I think he can stuff that state visit up his arse.

I wish! Theresa May acted far too hastily in inviting him at such an early stage, no doubt in her desperate attempt to lick his feet (see how polite I'm being) and she should be given the job of telling him to bugger off, but I doubt she'd have the guts.

Quote: keewik @ 24th February 2017, 11:41 PM

So now 'The White House' (i.e. Trump) is blocking some of the media from media briefings. Taking lessons from Putin, perhaps? I just don't understand why some Americans don't see what a dangerous swine he is. Next step - take over the press? And he tries to tell folk he supports democracy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again with NO apologies - where is Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him? I know many people who agree with me there.

In a nutshell . . . the guy's nuts.

He invents facts, tells lies, claims anything negative about him is fake news, and anything positive spot-on. That alone should get him impeached . . . or sectioned - however they deal with the mentally challenged in America.

My sister was with this guy for years, until shortly after she had a baby with him.

When myself and my partner at the time first met him, he was clearly making up stories to get 'approval' from my family (such as when my partner mentioned his new second car, this guy always had to go one better, and actually said he had a Rolls Royce at one time), but it was only myself and my partner who noticed.

Fast forward to after my nephew was born, his behaviour became so irrational and volatile that she had to chuck him out and change the locks. Transpired that he was bipolar with a bit of schizophrenia thrown in . . . his parents knew about it since his teens, but nobody saw fit to tell my sister.

I can see similar character traits in Trump. He may not be bipolar or schizophrenic, but he's on the spectrum . . . fantasist on top of narcissist perhaps. But he's definitely demonstrated that he has this constant need for approval and even worship (hence his recent 'campaign' performance which were just words to get cheers), will not listen to reason unless he agrees with it, and his quest for ultimate power was driven by pure greed for it.

I love America and its population, but still can't quite get my head around how this situation was allowed to happen, as I don't believe anyone is gullible enough to see past his bullshit and vote him in . . . without some rigging having gone on.

But he will always deny this, because he denies anything that isn't 100% in his favour - and he'll just continue to brag about his 'achievements' (such as new 'surge' of jobs, and people being deported 'as I speak' - later proved to be false) until he can be thrown out - and much like my sister did, they need to change the locks.

Quote: keewik @ 24th February 2017, 11:41 PM

So now 'The White House' (i.e. Trump) is blocking some of the media from media briefings.
I've said it before and I'll say it again with NO apologies - where is Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him?

So the president has a disagreement with the press and your solution is to murder him? You should think about that the next time you compare him to Hitler.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 25th February 2017, 1:17 PM

I love America and its population, but still can't quite get my head around how this situation was allowed to happen, as I don't believe anyone is gullible enough to see past his bullshit and vote him in . . . without some rigging having gone on.

No rigging. Intellectually hollow reality TV, such as Ice-Skating Celebrity Chefs' Greatest Home Makeovers has made people incredibly dumb. The rise of social media, catering to (and fueling) niche prejudices (racism, intolerance, a sense of being entitled to something-for-nothing) has made people even dumber (as they are no longer spoon-fed mainstream media). Quality print media is dying, dipshit cyber-media is on the rise. Likewise, f**khead "celebrities" have been deemed more newsworthy than what's actually shaping political, economic and environmental changes.

I look forward to Dabutt and the other pro-Trump guy here pointing out that Obama once tried to give the finger to Fox News.

Trump, total dickwad. Obsessed with his self-image and his petty, pathetic personal squabbles, rather than actually making America "great".

Quote: keewik @ 25th February 2017, 12:24 AM

It'll never happen. States have no legal right to leave the union. It can only be done via huge amounts of bloodshed and it didn't work out very well the last time a few states tried it.

Quote: Kenneth @ 25th February 2017, 3:02 PM

No rigging. Intellectually hollow reality TV, such as Ice-Skating Celebrity Chefs' Greatest Home Makeovers has made people incredibly dumb. The rise of social media, catering to (and fueling) niche prejudices (racism, intolerance, a sense of being entitled to something-for-nothing) has made people even dumber (as they are no longer spoon-fed mainstream media). Quality print media is dying, dipshit cyber-media is on the rise. Likewise, f**khead "celebrities" have been deemed more newsworthy

I look forward to Dabutt and the other pro-Trump guy here pointing out that Obama once tried to give the finger to Fox News

First of all, calling an entire nation (or perhaps just the 50% who voted a certain way) dumb is precisely why the Democrats lost the election. Myself, I'm Mensa-level on the intelligence scale and I don't watch "reality" shows. I don't watch Fox News and I don't read rightwing websites.

Secondly, I am not pro-Trump. I didn't vote for him in the primary and I reluctantly voted for him (In actuality, I decisively voted against Hillary Clinton.) in the election.

Quote: Kenneth @ 25th February 2017, 3:02 PM

Intellectually hollow reality TV, such as Ice-Skating Celebrity Chefs' Greatest Home Makeovers has made people incredibly dumb.

I do look at faces in the crowds sometimes, when they've become hysterical.

I don't know if this behaviour is unique to America, but is the same as audience on Ellen . . . they get whipped up into a frenzy of manic screaming that seems to render them senseless for the duration. They get so carried away on this tidal wave that some of them look like they'd actually scream louder if anyone anywhere said anything at all . . .

Then they do that punching the air thing chanting 'woop, woop' which I thought only happened at sports games . . . but then this is just another game - only the consequences for the losers of this one will be immense.

I read about somebody who killed someone by punching him described as an "Unemployed Plasterer".

Surely that's a contradiction. Either he's unemployed or he's a plasterer.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 25th February 2017, 3:25 PM

I don't know if this behaviour is unique to America, but is the same as audience on Ellen . . . they get whipped up into a frenzy of manic screaming that seems to render them senseless for the duration. They get so carried away on this tidal wave that some of them look like they'd actually scream louder if anyone anywhere said anything at all . . .

Then they do that punching the air thing chanting 'woop, woop' which I thought only happened at sports games

That is all encouraged and instigated by the show's staff while filming.