I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,851

So I heard that there has been some winner at the girly game of "rounders" (as we call it in the UK) in the States and am curious as to how many countries compete in this WORLD series?

Next you'll be asking if American players tuck their skirts into their underpants like the English players do.. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd November 2016, 8:59 AM

So I heard that there has been some winner at the girly game of "rounders" (as we call it in the UK) in the States and am curious as to how many countries compete in this WORLD series?

I think you'll be surprised to learn that there are two.

Actually England and Wales have been playing international baseball since 1908.
The British game is more like rounders than the American version.
My school played it instead of cricket.

Rounders was fun the few times I played it. Most of our official school sports were so boring, I always wished we had baseball etc instead of hockey and cricket and blah blah blah.
The only one I liked was basketball.

American sports are definitely better.
Except that one where everyone throws balls at some kid in the middle? That's just bloody weird.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 3rd November 2016, 4:55 PM

Next you'll be asking if American players tuck their skirts into their underpants like the English players do.. :)

Nah, they couldn't look any more ridiculous in what they dress up in now.

Quote: zooo @ 4th November 2016, 10:28 AM

:O You wash your mouth out!!

There used to be an Asian game on TV called Khabadi.

Weirdest game ever but fun to watch.

They played with a burning ball and had to run from one side of the pitch to the other without being touched by an opposing team member.(tigged) all the while holding this burning ball (about the size of a football)
They had to hold their breath while they had the ball and to prove they were not breathing they had to say Khabadi continually. khabadi khabadi khabadi khabadi.

It was excellent to watch. And I bet you think I am making this up.

Quote: Ronald S @ 4th November 2016, 1:35 PM

There used to be an Asian game on TV called Khabadi.

Weirdest game ever but fun to watch.

They played with a burning ball and had to run from one side of the pitch to the other without being touched by an opposing team member.(tigged) all the while holding this burning ball (about the size of a football)
They had to hold their breath while they had the ball and to prove they were not breathing they had to say Khabadi continually. khabadi khabadi khabadi khabadi.

It was excellent to watch. And I bet you think I am making this up.

I think you may have made up the burning ball bit
I don't remember that

If your balls were burning, you'd remember.. Teary

To Brexit or not to Brexit that is the question. Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer no cheap European wine or outrageously tasteless English cheese. Or to take arms against oppressed minorities and by opposing them to die, to sleep justly no more, and by a sleep, to say we end. The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks that Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation Devoutly to be wished. when landlocked in Little Britain, tired, hateful and blue rosetted, turning a hundred years progress back and To die, to sleep.

"FBI has found no criminal wrongdoing in new Clinton emails, says Comey"

Quote: keewik @ 29th October 2016, 11:07 PM

This whole business is very suspect. Is the FBI Director bribable? I only ask.

Possibly.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th November 2016, 6:16 PM

"FBI has found no criminal wrongdoing in new Clinton emails, says Comey".

Even worse than the back-and-forth about whether her emails were classified or not, it appears that her maid was frequently tasked with retrieving faxes from a secure fax machine and printing out classified emails in a secure facility in Hillary's house. The thought of a maid with no security clearance being allowed into such a room to handle highly classified material (they wouldn't build such a facility unless it was intended to hold Top Secret information) is absolutely unheard of. Any other person would lose their job, their clearance and possibly their freedom for a few years, but Hillary is apparently untouchable.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/06/clinton-directed-her-maid-to-print-out-classified-materials/

Quote: zooo @ 4th November 2016, 10:28 AM

Their "Football" is ridiculous. It's easy to kick or throw the ball forward. At least Rugby "Football" adds a bit by only allowing them to throw the ball backwards.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th November 2016, 6:39 PM

Their "Football" is ridiculous. It's easy to kick or throw the ball forward. At least Rugby "Football" adds a bit by only allowing them to throw the ball backwards.

I think you'll find that it's not as easy as you might think, especially if a bunch of 350-pound behemoths are trying to smash you into the dirt the entire time.

American football uniforms are f**king sexy though.
Whereas English football kits make my ladyparts want to die.