I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,849

So Hilary's on drugs, is she? What does it take in the USA to have somebody like Trump locked up in a psychiatric unit?

At least it shows voters have realised that politicians don't give a toss about them and are just playing some incestuous game.It's a shame they have such an odious twat as their champion.

A local brewery just announced the imminent release of their yearly smoked imperial stout offering. This year's bottles feature tributes to Bowie, Lemmy, Prince and Merle Haggard.

They're also releasing draft-only versions of the beer:

Coffee (with Merit Roasters)
Chocolate Orange
Salted Caramel
Tres Leches
Razz Cheesecake
Pecan
Cascade Dry Hopped Cask
Curry Cask

These are great. I think I'd buy a few bottles if they were available in my hometown...or at least in Europe.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th October 2016, 9:57 PM

These are great. I think I'd buy a few bottles if they were available in my hometown...or at least in Europe.

You'll have to fly to San Antonio. :)

The release is sort of a big deal every year. They're actually selling tickets ($4 for charity) to stand in line and buy bottles. Then they have a big bottle trade where people can swap beers with other customers.

I have no idea what stout tastes like, but that would be enough to tempt me. A bottle of Prince please!

Quote: DaButt @ 17th October 2016, 9:51 PM

A local brewery just announced the imminent release of their yearly smoked imperial stout offering. This year's bottles feature tributes to Bowie, Lemmy, Prince and Merle Haggard.

Half of them are Brits! C'mon America, you've got 5x our population, you should have 5x as many rock-stars dying.

Quote: zooo @ 17th October 2016, 10:55 PM

I have no idea what stout tastes like, but that would be enough to tempt me. A bottle of Prince please!

Guinness, Murphys and Mackeson are all stouts.

Ohhh. There is randomly some Guinness in my fridge right now. Maybe I'll steal a bit.

Paddy Power Bookmakers are paying out already on Hillary Clinton winning the US Presidential election.

That's that then. No need then to go through with the actual election - or, thankfully, the 20 days' remaining electioneering that will precede it.

BBC NEWS 28/10/16
US & Canadaselected US Election 2016 selected
US election: Why does the US have such low voter turnout?

?!?! Can't believe anybody needs to ask or answer THAT question!

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 28th October 2016, 9:49 AM

BBC NEWS 28/10/16
US & Canadaselected US Election 2016 selected
US election: Why does the US have such low voter turnout?

?!?! Can't believe anybody needs to ask or answer THAT question!

There are 11 days left until the election, but many states have already begun early voting and so far the turnout has been strong. My local library is an early voting location and every day this week traffic has backed up onto a major thoroughfare as people wait in line to vote.

I voted Tuesday and the line was more than an hour long.

On today's news, I reckon Trump is certainly throwing his money around.

He's certainly moving forward again, Clinton flapping about emails.