I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,850

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 29th October 2016, 12:51 PM

He's certainly moving forward again, Clinton flapping about emails.

If the FBI didn't throw the book at her a few months ago it's unlikely that they'll do so now. She's essentially anointed and untouchable.

Polls are still close...

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 29th October 2016, 9:50 PM

Polls are still close...

Unfortunately. Trump is such a lying numpty, but dangerous with it. Can't understand why people believe the shite he spills out.
This whole business is very suspect. Is the FBI Director bribable? I only ask.

The news media clearly are.

Can't help thinking that the blind support from afar, by some on this thread, for one of the two unsuitable candidates over the other without being in possession of all the facts and while conveniently ignoring those facts that we do know - such as her record in office and her desire for confrontation with Russia - may come back to haunt them.

Don't mistakenly think I'm a great supporter of Hilary. I've never cared for her, but Trump is a bloody lunatic and it's horrendous to think he could control the most powerful country in the world.

Quote: keewik @ 29th October 2016, 11:07 PM

Is the FBI Director bribable? I only ask.

Well, he let Hillary off the hook when she had highly classified material on a server located in the bathroom of her home, so...

Quote: zooo @ 29th October 2016, 11:38 PM

The news media clearly are.

They are completely in the tank for Hillary. Just look at the Wikileaks emails where they pander to her, warn her about upcoming stories, etc.

Quote: keewik @ 30th October 2016, 11:39 AM

Trump is a bloody lunatic and it's horrendous to think he could control the most powerful country in the world.

First of all, the idea that a president controls the nation is unrealistic. There's the House, the Senate and all manner of checks and balances. Just look at how much "control" President Obama had for the last 8 years...

Trump isn't a lunatic. He's crass, he's a self-promoter and he's a bit rude at times, but that's about it. He represents a change in Washington politics for which the people have been longing. He may or may not actually shake things up in DC if he pulls out a win, but his message has been heard by the political community and hopefully things will change in the future.

I'm sorry DaButt but if I were American I would be really embarrased by the way the supposed two best people in your country are behaving and being portrayed to the rest of the world. God help us all, whichever one wins. The only difference is that I don't think Clinton will be assasinated, whereas I am almost certain Trump will be.

Maybe, but by who?

Doubt it. The sort of loons who assassinate never tend to hate the sort of people who might deserve an assassination.

Not that anyone does, of course.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 30th October 2016, 6:18 PM

Maybe, but by who?

Some nut job who wants to make a name for themselves.

So, the FBI man is a signed up Republican and was told he shouldn't do it, because of election rules, by the Department of Justice. And some say Clinton is corrupt. My God! Hail Trump, supporter of the KKK! Where's Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him (wrong party)?

Quote: Will Cam @ 30th October 2016, 4:51 PM

I'm sorry DaButt but if I were American I would be really embarrased by the way the supposed two best people in your country are behaving and being portrayed to the rest of the world. God help us all, whichever one wins. The only difference is that I don't think Clinton will be assasinated, whereas I am almost certain Trump will be.

Nobody ever claimed that our candidates are the two best people in the country. A poll of voters usually ranks politicians a bit below pond scum when it comes to trustworthiness.

Someone already tried to assassinate Trump and I believe he was a British fellow. Angry

Our presidents and candidates have excellent protection by the Secret Service, but from accounts written by agents who have guarded Hillary in the past, they might be inclined to let a shooter have a shot at her. They say she's rude, demanding and self-important. Gee, what other candidate does that remind you of?

Quote: keewik @ 30th October 2016, 10:12 PM

So, the FBI man is a signed up Republican and was told he shouldn't do it, because of election rules, by the Department of Justice. And some say Clinton is corrupt.

First of all, Director Comey used to be a Republican, but he is now registered as an independent.

It's been funny to watch Democrats and Hillary supporters who praised Comey's decision not to indict Hillary a few months ago as a fabulously nonpartisan act by a good guy Republican, decry him now as some sort of GOP supervillain intent on destroying the saintly Hillary Clinton.

Quote: DaButt @ 31st October 2016, 3:29 PM

Nobody ever claimed that our candidates are the two best people in the country.

Donald Trump has claimed one of them is. And Hillary's supporters have claimed she is.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 31st October 2016, 5:00 PM

Donald Trump has claimed one of them is. And Hillary's supporters have claimed she is.

They're politicians, so we ignore them. :)