Things that piss you off Page 1,663

These adverts wouldn't be so bad if they were not shown 10 times day after day. I like the current Black Horse advert and the music but it can start to feel like it's being rammed down my throat because it's on so much.

Another ad that I think was first shown last year but I only saw it for the fist time a few weeks ago has Sir Trevor McDonald sharing memories of his times as a journalist and it shows footage of historic moments in world news. I was thinking it was an advert for journalism or a charity such as Red Cross or Amnesty International. I thought it was in poor taste when I realised it was for Vision Express.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_xhLR5OmzU

I have been watching a bit of British TV lately and those ads where Ewan McGregor begs for money are really bad. Trying to so blatantly play on your emotions is a rather pathetic attempt at manipulation.

Well I think www.Unicef.org is there to help those in dire need for when corrupt Presidents, such as Jacob Zuma, squirrel away the £19 million in aid the UK donated to South Africa, for example.

Surely a charity appeal is more palatable than Government corruption ? Ewen McGregor donating his time and money to help out, fine by me. Corruption in the Blade runner trial, Dewani's trial and even Winnie Mandela - that's what pisses me off and www.Unicef.org.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd April 2016, 10:21 PM BST

There's an unbelievably irritating one at the moment with some woman clicking on a light at a desk over and over, and repeating herself about 6 times.
Unbearable.

What's more annoying is we only see her at a distance the whole time, for the life of me there may be some profound point to this but 'fraid it is totally lost on me.

Threads like this.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/32903/

Quote: Chappers @ 5th April 2016, 9:29 PM BST

Threads like this.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/32903/

Ah, thank you Chappers!

A spam thread I hadn't seen.

Work shy forum mods

Whistling nnocently

I'll 'ave you.

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th April 2016, 10:00 PM BST

Work shy forum mods

Whistling nnocently

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ 3rd April 2016, 10:21 PM BST

There's an unbelievably irritating one at the moment with some woman clicking on a light at a desk over and over, and repeating herself about 6 times.
Unbearable.

That is currently one of the ones that make me want to pull my hair out.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 5th April 2016, 6:08 PM BST

Well I think www.Unicef.org is there to help those in dire need for when corrupt Presidents, such as Jacob Zuma, squirrel away the £19 million in aid the UK donated to South Africa, for example.

Surely a charity appeal is more palatable than Government corruption ? Ewen McGregor donating his time and money to help out, fine by me. Corruption in the Blade runner trial, Dewani's trial and even Winnie Mandela - that's what pisses me off and www.Unicef.org.

but do these so called stars actually do it for free or do they get paid just like any other job they do. And exactly how much of donated money actually goes to the people in need.

Quote: alan1967 @ 6th April 2016, 1:21 PM BST

but do these so called stars actually do it for free or do they get paid just like any other job they do. And exactly how much of donated money actually goes to the people in need.

You make a fair point alan, however it would be highly unsual for someone to claim more than expenses unless they're employed by the charity. It would be a PR disaster. I believe Ewan McGregor is ernest about this, in that he's been involved since 2004 and the charity needs him more than he needs the PR. I would share your concern if it was Donald Trump or George Osborn fronting this up.

If you're concerned about corrupt governments squirreling it away, more and more charities are delivering the goods directly to the end user. It would be unfair to penalise charities for the fowl deeds of the ruling classes.

Now if you want dubiouis motives, why is Gerry McCann setting himself up as spokesman for the Leveson enquiry when they have plenty of A listers already doing that job ? And why not mention the Maddie appeal ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/gerry-mccann-grilled-bbc-breakfasts-7698152

Charities really piss me off. Nobody should get paid astronomical amounts who work for them. Nobody gives money to charity for someone to line their own pockets.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th April 2016, 6:37 PM BST

Charities really piss me off. Nobody should get paid astronomical amounts who work for them. Nobody gives money to charity for someone to line their own pockets.

And knocking at my door as happened today at 5.00pm, and then being astonished when I said I am not interested in their charity.

I love it when the ones on the street say things like "do you care about babies?" or "do you care about dogs?" as their intro sentence, thinking that's foolproof.
Little do they know I don't give a shit about either.

Yeah, the one today muttered something about it being a children's charity - hence their shock at me "not caring". It's not that you dick, it's you knocking on f**king door at the end of the day when I am shattered and want a bit of peace.