Things that piss you off Page 1,662

It's pretty horrific isn't it! I know performers need to pay the bills and a job is a job but having that on your showreel is probably going to do more harm than good. In a way I feel sorry for her because she is weak in it which can't be denied but the whole premise behind the advert doesn't make sense and feels thrown together. I've seen projects from BTEC media studies students that would put it to shame.

Is not even ironic. Sometimes you hang onto that feint hope, but sadly, no.

Advertisers argue that "yes, but you remember it, don't you?". Yes, but I remember to never ever consider that product or service. Image is everything.

Admiral have just succeeded in making what is a relatively serious business into a laughing stock. Maybe they should go whole hog and re-name 'Admiral insurance r us' to properly reach C3 demographic . . . free McFlurry just for enquiring.

I do remember terrible ads, but I almost never remember what brand they were advertising.
So it doesn't work (for everyone) anyway.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 3rd April 2016, 9:51 PM BST

Advertisers argue that "yes, but you remember it, don't you?". Yes, but I remember to never ever consider that product or service. Image is everything.

yep, I completely agree about remembering adverts for the wrong reasons and the irony is I'm with Admiral for my car insurance and am considering moving away on principle. At my next policy renewal in October I'm going to ask for a discount for making such a shite advert.

Really when I see the admiral ad, I want to shoot the bitch dead. It's so naff

There's an unbelievably irritating one at the moment with some woman clicking on a light at a desk over and over, and repeating herself about 6 times.
Unbearable.

They're ALL unbelievably irritating - except the ones with meercats

The Meercat ads work and have some funny lines.

"I have a hot date"

"Yeah, with my ironing pile" :D

I've never understood why a free cuddly toy is an incentive when looking for insurance though. Definitely not high on my checklist.

My insurance isn't with them either but I do covet a meercat

Quote: keewik @ 3rd April 2016, 11:43 PM BST

My insurance isn't with them either but I do covet a meercat

A mate of mine has a mother who was convinced that Meerkats were invented just for those adverts, she had no idea that they were real animals.
How the hell she made it to her sixties I don't know.

How could she have never seen or heard of Meerkat Manor? lol The idea for the ad was probably rubber stamped because of how popular that show was. They are a very interesting community to observe and Mozart was my favourite.

I have no idea. She pretty much lives in a world of her own, she was also convinced that the actor Brian Cox was the same as scientist Brian Cox even though there's about thirty years between the two of them and one of thems Scottish.

Loved Sean Lock's observation on meerkats at the zoo - that someone should tell them that everything's okay, and they're safe there . . .

. . . but some adverts are so shit they're actually dangerous. I bashed my fecking head on the coffee table while tripping after making a bolt for remote when Go Compare guy came on. :(

Adverts that really grind my gears though are the bullet time rig ones.

Always completely inappropriate to subject matter - just doing cos they can, or can't be bothered thinking up a concept and just say to client "Dude - we can freeze time in 360 degrees - is really cosmic."

Meh.

There's one with a prancing black horse which I therefore think is for a bookie's but it's for some bank.

Quote: keewik @ 4th April 2016, 1:41 PM BST

There's one with a prancing black horse which I therefore think is for a bookie's but it's for some bank.

I used to work for them and have consequently retouched Amanda Lamb. Whatever - sue me.

Also had to retouch Jonny Wilkinson's bollocks. Not my favourite, but if you wave 10 bucks under my nose . . .