What are you watching on TV? Page 2,018

I watched some sort of quiz show at a friend's house last night and there were all sorts of advertisements for Red Nose Day. Apparently it's crossed the pond. Errr

Quote: Lee @ 21st May 2015, 5:03 PM BST

Yes! ITV2 or something used to show it. Where's Conan?

The Barbarian?

Quote: reds @ 22nd May 2015, 1:43 PM BST

First Eurovision semi final. So far not finding it very entertaining. Doesn't seem to be many quirky acts this year.

Are Finland through?

And what's with this Bloody Aussies in it this year? So if they win they nominate where it will be next year!!! Could be interesting.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd May 2015, 2:12 PM BST

The Barbarian?

Are Finland through?

And what's with this Bloody Aussies in it this year? So if they win they nominate where it will be next year!!! Could be interesting.

I tuned out when they were announcing the acts that got through.

Not sure what's with us competing. No one seems entirely sure what happens if we win.
I've heard that Germany have offered to put it on next year. I also heard that SBS, the broadcaster who airs the show here will consult with the organisers about where will it will be held next year and contribute money. Which is surprising as I don't think they are the richest of stations and have already paid money for us to compete.
Apparently we aren't allowed to host it due to time differences, travel time to get here and cultural differences.

I'm not entirely sure what the last one is about. We might not be the most modern country but certainly less conservative than some that compete.

Cultural differences? What do they even mean by that? Weird.

Do the Australian public get to vote? And most importantly do they like or hate England...?

Quote: zooo @ 22nd May 2015, 3:04 PM BST

Cultural differences? What do they even mean by that? Weird.

Do the Australian public get to vote? And most importantly do they like or hate England...?

Really don't know with the cultural differences...
Apparently we do get to vote for real this year. For about the last five years we have been able to vote in a online poll but it never counted toward the result. I think mostly because the semi finals always air here on the Friday and Saturday night. The final airs on Sunday night- fairly delayed since the actual competition takes places about 4am our time. This year the semi finals aired live- according to the broadcast I watched tonight. The final will also air live but I am not getting up in the middle of the night to watch.

I usually try and avoid the news and internet on Sunday so it doesn't get spoiled for me. It is just TV but usually it is my entertainment for that night. Someone spoiled it for me last year- I was very annoyed with them. They didn't tell me who won but gave enough away for me to basically figure it out.

Ooh fun. I shall make sure I do no spoilers!

Yeah, staying up till 4 and then sitting through however many dozen hours it lasts doesn't sound too appealing.

My sister in law lives in Oz and was talking about their culture. I said what culture, so she proceeded to give me a history lesson.

HIGNFY with the great Frank Skinner.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 22nd May 2015, 9:03 PM BST

HIGNFY with the great Frank Skinner.

Yup, still making me laugh out loud. Frank on fire as usual.
:D

Frank was good.

Now watching 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown.

F**k me! Is Joey Essex really a good actor?

Abba on BBC4. Isn't Frida gorgeous!

'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'. I've seen it before but it bears rewatching.

'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'. I've seen it before but it bears rewatching.

Is there an echo in here?

It's a phone echo.

Quote: keewik @ 23rd May 2015, 9:48 PM BST

It's a phone echo.

Using Sooty's phone then?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd May 2015, 9:50 PM BST

Using Sooty's phone then?

Thought Sweep was the only one that could "talk".