What are you watching on TV? Page 2,016

Alpha Papa

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th May 2015, 9:20 PM BST

Alpha Papa

That's just started on 2 (I'm recording it) - is/was it on a different time in Yodel Land?

That IS the same time.

Then why wasn't he watching it..............oh, he's gone now.

Charlie! What have you done?

Quote: Chappers @ 16th May 2015, 9:04 PM BST

Don't forget it's about 60 years ago - or hasn't Australia changed in all that time?

Of course things change but the types of homes depicted just weren't built in Australia then and even now you wouldn't find a entire streets with that style.

Something I've been meaning to ask reds, why don't you start all your posts with 'Look' ?

World War 2 in colour
I need to write some military jokes so I'm getting some inspiration

They are about to bomb the f**k out of Japan

Quote: Oldrocker @ 17th May 2015, 1:06 AM BST

Something I've been meaning to ask reds, why don't you start all your posts with 'Look' ?

Erm... because I don't start my sentences with that unless I am actually asking someone to physically look at something.

Quote: reds @ 17th May 2015, 2:36 PM BST

Erm... because I don't start my sentences with that unless I am actually asking someone to physically look at something.

It's just that when we hear Antipodean cricketers, politicians etc interviewed, they all start every sentence with it.

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell last night - looking good with more and better effects to come from all accounts. I enjoyed it anyway, with excellent sets and scenery - the only downside was some twat still insisting on covering some of the dialogue with unnecessary music and Vinculus (Paul Kaye!) tending to (sc)ramble his words.

I watched it but didn't find it that gripping, so much so that I fell asleep half-way through and had lost track of the plot when I woke up.

Quote: keewik @ 18th May 2015, 4:06 PM BST

I watched it but didn't find it that gripping, so much so that I fell asleep half-way through and had lost track of the plot when I woke up.

Laughing out loud That's me normally after Antiques Roadshow, which I sometimes also doze through - not gripping maybe but I think it will grow into a watchable series.

Why should kids have all the fantasy stuff.........

I was about to watch it when we had a visitor (a friend) so missed the first half - then didn't understand the second half.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th May 2015, 9:26 PM BST

That's just started on 2 (I'm recording it) - is/was it on a different time in Yodel Land?

I saw that at the cinema when it first came out. With colleagues. When I used to have *permanent colleagues*. We laughed a lot as I recall, plus we went for a pizza afterwards.

Result.