What are you watching on TV? Page 2,015

I of course put my foot through the screen around the mid-1980's and haven't looked back since.. (it's damn hard to look back with a telly wrapped around your foot..)

The second prog. of Dr. Jim Al-Khalili explaining Quantum Physics.........still don't fully understand it. :S

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th May 2015, 10:25 PM BST

The second prog. of Dr. Jim Al-Khalili explaining Quantum Physics.........still don't fully understand it. :S

Fully?????

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Chappers @ 12th May 2015, 10:37 PM BST

Fully?????

Que?????

Apparently Einstein did not fully understand it either, so I am in good company, and so you can stuff that where the sun don't shine, and so can your cackling acolyte.

The worlds most expensive food: Channel 4.

I found myself being more and more disgusted with this show (or these people) as the program went on.

I'm not against anyone spending their own money as they see fit even if your mind is automatically juxtaposed with all the starving 'kiddies' in the world.

But some of the prices beggared belief.

The ugly woman and her 'thick as pig-shit' daughter making untold money selling caviar to the rich was a revelation (and not a good one)
and why would you want coffee that costs hundreds per cup because a cat has shit it out.

Oh dear, I think I must be a closet communist because all I saw was how unfair the world is.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th May 2015, 9:43 AM BST

...and why would you want coffee that costs hundreds per cup because a cat has shit it out.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/1113614/

I bet zooo would love a cup of it.

The best food in the world is that which you only eat when you're hungry.

Not really. I dread to think how the animals live that are involved in the making of that. :(

Quote: Nogget @ 14th May 2015, 10:17 AM BST

The best food in the world is that which you only eat when you're hungry.

I feel the same about :$ um, best keep it clean Whistling nnocently

Did anyone else see George Gently last night?

A certain Jim Moir was playing a weird *naturally) Pawn Broker.

On DVD watching Saving Mr Banks. Part of it was set in the Australian town where P.L Travers was born and spent part of her childhood. Think the producers of the film got a bit confused and thought it was in America, going to by the houses depicted in the film. Has really made me laugh, I grew up close to the town it was set in and still travel thru it a few times a year. Am yet to see any street or houses like depicted in the film .

Don't forget it's about 60 years ago - or hasn't Australia changed in all that time?

They then got the cat to shit in a glass of water and, after a quick stir, called it Fosters.