What are you watching on TV? Page 2,023

Awwwwww.
But yes.

Lots of quite sexy female historians on Armada on BBC2. Plus Anita Dobson looking past her best.

Lots of quite sexy female historians on Armada on BBC2. Plus Anita Dobson looking past her best.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th May 2015, 4:01 PM BST

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell last night - looking good with more and better effects to come from all accounts. I enjoyed it anyway, with excellent sets and scenery - the only downside was some twat still insisting on covering some of the dialogue with unnecessary music and Vinculus (Paul Kaye!) tending to (sc)ramble his words.

Struggling with this now, and am getting pissed off with the quietly spoken lines being drowned out by the music..............yet again! Angry

As one reviewer put it with "Magic" you can do anything without explanation. It is in effect cheating creatively.

It is getting a bit silly now too with the Duke of Wellington using his services to magic up a situation.

zooo, Warm Bodies showing again now on Film Four, or later in an hour on Film4 +1

Oh bugger, I've missed it again! Twice!

Thanks for trying though. :)

yw - if I spot it again, I'll try and give you a bit more notice.

A friend highly recommended Buffalo '66 which is on Film 4 at 1.05am.

I HAVE seen that. It is indeed good.

I'll be watching Modern Times: Weekend Warriers. BBC2, 9.30. My son did a Tough Mudder last year so I'm really interested to find out more about it.

Quote: Loopey @ 3rd June 2015, 7:58 PM BST

I'll be watching Modern Times: Weekend Warriers. BBC2, 9.30. My son did a Tough Mudder last year so I'm really interested to find out more about it.

My son-in-law and neighbors do them all the time. I think there's another one coming up soon, but I'll just drink beer and wait for them to come home (and drink beer.)

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd June 2015, 8:39 PM BST

My son-in-law and neighbors do them all the time. I think there's another one coming up soon, but I'll just drink beer and wait for them to come home (and drink beer.)

Good plan. I'll settle for a hot chocolate.

American Sniper, definitely not the best war movie of all time.

And it makes Chris look the kind of guy who couldn't hold a job down at poundland never mind the army

Quote: sootyj @ 3rd June 2015, 9:33 PM BST

American Sniper, definitely not the best war movie of all time.

And it makes Chris look the kind of guy who couldn't hold a job down at poundland never mind the army

I was going to watch that this weekend, do you think I should bother?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st June 2015, 11:01 PM BST

Struggling with this now, and am getting pissed off with the quietly spoken lines being drowned out by the music..............yet again! Angry

Thank God for that - I thought it was me.
Had the telly turned up to '11' and still couldn't make out the dialogue.
Switched over to Dave and nearly blew the windows out.