Man About The House Page 5

I watched MAN ABOUT THE HOUSE every night in Boston, Massachusetts in the early 80s.(The channel also showed ROBIN'S NEST and GEORGE AND MILDRED).Many years later I went to London, went to see "Round the Horne Revisited", and chatted with Robin Sebastian afterward. When I told him I watched the shows, he said "Brian Cooke was here. You should have told him that. He'd be chuffed to know somebody was watching in Boston!"

Loved this. The cock and two pussies!

Quote: Steve Burstein @ 18th February 2015, 10:52 PM GMT

I watched MAN ABOUT THE HOUSE every night in Boston, Massachusetts."Brian Cooke was here. You should have told him that. He'd be chuffed to know somebody was watching in Boston!"

Quite a few people were watching in Victoria/Vancouver/Washington State as well, thanks to KVOS-TV in Bellingham. It ran while "Three's Company" was on US network TV and blew it out of the water as far as myself and my high school friends were concerned. There was a real warmth to it and we all fancied Paula Wilcox as well :)

Quote: Phil Cottrell @ 28th February 2015, 6:48 PM GMT

we all fancied Paula Wilcox as well :)

You have great taste. She can still put on the style.

I have the box set and the material still stands up very well. However I am trying to locate the scene where O'Sullivan goes into the bathroom when Jo is bathing and he later remarks:

"Do you know they actually float?" before producing a loofah.

Can anyone pinpoint this episode, please? I will watch all the entries eventually.

Quote: Phil Cottrell @ 28th February 2015, 6:48 PM GMT

There was a real warmth to it and we all fancied Paula Wilcox as well :)

I also met Paula Wilcox on my first trip to London (the same night I think I met Geoffery Hughes. Peggy Mount was there as well, and the actress who played "Ruby" on Upstairs Downstairs, and other Telly people). I think Canadian TV had showed Man About The House sometime before any US stations ran it.

When I re-watched Man About The House after a long absence I found it to be surprisingly good and the characters were very likeable. My wife also enjoyed the box set too. With George and Mildred the landlords, I'm sure many people like both shows.

I'd love to get the Man About The House movie but can't justify spending 40 pounds for it when I have so much stuff unwatched and ready to re-watch.

Have you noticed the cock and 2 pussies in the opening/closing credits?

Have I mentioned that before?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th April 2015, 9:49 PM BST

Yes and yes.

I have just discovered DVDland here in Aus. so instead of paying 40 pounds for the movie I'm getting it for just $20 Aus :)

Quote: Chappers @ 19th April 2015, 9:49 PM BST

Which credits are talking about? I noticed a chicken coming out of an egg but no pussies...

The Story Behind - Man About The

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIfG5ulqf_8

Thanks for that Stephen! A very nice little clip. :)

Currently on demand on Sky. Funny and smutty in the right levels.

Still enjoying the current reruns. I have 13 in my Sky planner to watch when the wife's not about (she is not a fan.... of the show I mean, not me...... l think?).

She's probably jealous of Chrissie (Paula Wilcox). Effortlessly sexy.