Man About The House Page 6

I bought the boxset a few weeks ago and have watched them all now. I think it's excellent...I was fearing the worst after reading the comments in this thread. Why is it so unpopular on the BCG? It's no Fawlty Towers but I like it.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th April 2015, 9:49 PM

Have you noticed the cock and 2 pussies in the opening/closing credits?

Have I mentioned that before?

NO and yes

I have checked on youtube for the opening titles and cannot see. Perhaps post a link if you have time

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th November 2016, 3:02 PM

I bought the boxset a few weeks ago and have watched them all now. I think it's excellent...I was fearing the worst after reading the comments in this thread. Why is it so unpopular on the BCG? It's no Fawlty Towers but I like it.

Probably because they're joyless snobs!

Now what about the film and the two spin-off shows? :)

Quote: Agnes Guano @ 8th May 2011, 10:44 AM

It is located in the old workhouse in Lambeth where Charlie Chaplin stayed as a child so it's a fitting place. They are still working to get enough money together to open the museum up fully but even peeking through the dusty gloom at the moment is exciting enough.

Over five years after Agnes wrote her post, I can confirm that The Cinema Museum in Lambeth is well worth a visit. We went a couple of years ago and it was great.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th November 2016, 3:02 PM

I like it and fondly remember the repeats being shown on ITV during the eighties. I think my mum fancied Richard O'Sullivan too and told me all about the Tessa Wyatt/RoS/Tony Blackburn love triangle. Tessa also turned up as Jez's mum in a later episode of Peep Show

I am just watching the episode where George gets a toupee and is admiring himself in the mirror. Mildred is incredulous.

George: "Not bad for 12 quid including tax."

Mildred: "What, you've tacked it on?"

Great writing.

In the same episode there was a quick flash of a scrabble board that Jo and Larry had been playing. Excuse the poor quality but how many dodgy words (for pre- watershed) can you spot?

Ah, that old favourite, okapi.

I don't think pist is a real word at all, is it?

:D

Pist is in the Urban Dictionary but you acknowledging that 'publication' is not likely:P

And Thames Television circa 1976 is even less likely! ;)

Quote: Chappers @ 19th April 2015, 9:49 PM

Have you noticed the cock and 2 pussies in the opening/closing credits?

Have I mentioned that before?

The word pussy wasn't around then. (And you know it)

Quote: Ronald S @ 14th November 2016, 7:26 PM

Not true. It dates to at least the 1800s in reference to the vagina, and earlier in other variants to refer to females.

Quote: Ronald S @ 14th November 2016, 7:26 PM

I am sure Mrs Slocombe will be surprised to hear that!

Message to Will Cam...."You're wasting yer time"...Will Hay addicts will get it.