Man About The House Page 8

Plus, Roy Kinnear moved over to G&M.
I loved that he called her mildew.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th August 2020, 10:23 PM

Plus, Roy Kinnear moved over to G&M.
I loved that he called her mildew.

:D Great character

Just watching the reruns on ITV3 - I can vaguely remember it from the 70s, but would have been only eight when it ended - and think that Robin's brother, Norman, quick fire partnering and marriage to Chrissie was rather a kick in the teeth to the poor catering student!

Yes, that's never sat quite right with me either!

He atoned for his actions by a quick annulment and moving away.
He even changed his name by deed poll to Fourmile and got George and Mildred to collude in the deception.

Bought the complete Man About The House series on DVD, I loved this so much when I was younger. I was thrilled as I moved into my first flat in 1976 when I moved to London. I remember how excited I was. And London in those days was so safe, I remember walking around from disco to parties every so often. I just the enjoyed the energy of the place having come from the country.

I shall enjoy reliving some fantastic memories this series will bring back.

Welcome to BCG ?

Catching some on ITV3 and absolutely loving them. The light hearted and happy go lucky tone is a world away from most of today's so called sitcoms. It's joyous to behold. The era definitely helps, mid 70s anything goes, except swearing on TV. A wonderful evocation of a time and place you'd want to live in forever, unless you're a wokeist millenial. ?

BTW many stand ups handed sitcoms to write and star in seem to be stuck on 'flat share' premises, but have any of them come near to matching the simple fun of MATH? Did they even realise that the genre is 50 years old (or more) and completely done to death.

I had to stop watching the new documentary on Channel 5. Nice as it was to see Murphy, Wilcox, Thomsett and Cooke, bloody hell the talking head no name journalists were irritating. Showing a clip followed by four of them explaining the joke we've just watched does not make a good documentary.