Newsjack - Series 11 Page 2

NEXT WEEK.

I'm probably avoiding writing anything to do with the referendum.

Was anyone else at the Writer's Briefing yesterday?

There's a briefing??

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 16th September 2014, 10:07 PM BST

Was anyone else at the Writer's Briefing yesterday?

Yes. :)

I think I was sat behind you Tony!

I couldn't make the briefing due to the short notice. Anything interesting/new to report?

Anyone care to share the gist for those of us too lazy to make the 500 mile round trip on a school night? :-)

Did many people attend? It was a really good idea, but a bit unviable for those of us up north. Hopefully they'll include the info online somewhere.

Lots of people there. I believe the website is being updated with the new dates etc and there's not going to be "coming up" section any more, just "breaking news" and "TV listings". There might also be a new "30 second mini sketch" slot.

After the briefing there was a Q&A session with the producers and the script editors and lots of people asked questions. One thing I remember too is that they are going to send the "recorded but cut emails".

I'm going to the record next week, anyone else?

PS I'm sure I missed loads of important stuff, please fill in the gaps!

Quote: Richard Woolford @ 16th September 2014, 11:47 PM BST

I think I was sat behind you Tony!

Hi Richard, I think you were. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say "hello", I would've like to have hung around at the end but I had to rush off to a gig.

Quote: Matt Fishwick @ 17th September 2014, 7:06 AM BST

I couldn't make the briefing due to the short notice.

This.
Such short notice meant I didn't even have time to arrange an appointment for the 2nd mortgage I'd need for the train fare and hotel.

Quote: Bonzo @ 17th September 2014, 9:46 AM BST

Lots of people there. I believe the website is being updated with the new dates etc and there's not going to be "coming up" section any more, just "breaking news" and "TV listings". There might also be a new "30 second mini sketch" slot.

After the briefing there was a Q&A session with the producers and the script editors and lots of people asked questions. One thing I remember too is that they are going to send the "recorded but cut emails".

Thanks Bonzo!

How did people find out about the briefing? Did they send an email round? Have they rejected me for this series before it even begins?

Well...I don't need a briefing...and, and, I wouldn't have gone anyway...so there! Teary

Quote: DubiousG @ 17th September 2014, 1:48 PM BST

How did people find out about the briefing? Did they send an email round? Have they rejected me for this series before it even begins?

Well...I don't need a briefing...and, and, I wouldn't have gone anyway...so there! Teary

They said that the invite had gone to writers who got something on to the last series (series 10). If you did, then maybe check your 'junk' folder?

I had some work broadcast on the last series (10), but don't remember getting an invite. There again, I do live 153 miles away.

Quote: Bonzo @ 17th September 2014, 9:46 AM BST

Thanks for the info, Bonzo.

Shame they've removed the "coming up" section from the latest series, as both my credits from series 10 were in that part. :( Plus that bit seems to lend itself to more topical stuff than the TV listings.

Quote: Matt Fishwick @ 17th September 2014, 2:32 PM BST

Thanks for the info, Bonzo.

Shame they've removed the "coming up" section from the latest series, as both my credits from series 10 were in that part. :( Plus that bit seems to lend itself to more topical stuff than the TV listings.

Hi Matt, they said that the 'coming up' confused listeners because they thought that stuff in that section was actually coming up later in the show.