Tell us a joke Page 65

Quote: Marc P @ 15th August 2014, 4:46 PM BST

Is that like f**king out of wedlock??

:D

Quote: Nick81 @ 15th August 2014, 2:43 PM BST

I tried to start a rap battle with my fiancée yesterday, but she was mortified.

And probably regretting letting me write my own vows.

Got no idea what that one means.

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"

"New shoes."

"WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?"

"After trawling round twenty shops, getting the pair we saw in the first one."

A survey has found the majority of women assign a certain ring tone for their partner.

Men do that too. It's called silent.

Quote: Marc P @ 15th August 2014, 4:46 PM BST

Is that like f**king out of wedlock??

I might be starting a war with this one, But I've always thought you can tell a joke isn't funny enough, if the only way to express the punchline is by including a swear word that has no need to be there!

Any views?

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ 16th August 2014, 11:50 AM BST

I might be starting a war with this one, But I've always thought you can tell a joke isn't funny enough, if the only way to express the punchline is by including a swear word that has no need to be there!

Any views?

I agree entirely. That joke doesn't need the swearing to still work very well. You were spot on though, swearing in jokes mainly makes up for a lack of punch.

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ 16th August 2014, 11:50 AM BST

Any views?

It referenced the joke above and was not in and off itself a joke in any other context. Which should be f**king obvious.

Sorry Marc P,

I was referencing the other joke as well,

I just think

As the bride prepared to throw her bouquet, my long term girlfriend started crying.

"Come on, Sarah" I said, "you've done this the last three weddings we've been too, what's your problem?"

"You're never going to propose to me, are you?" She sobbed.

"Rubbish" I said. "What makes you say that?"

"Dave, I'm in a headlock!"

Is just as funny, if not funnier! because it puts the emphasis back on headlock not the swear word.

but it was more of a general observation than anything pointing to one joke. I read sickapedia once or twice a week these days and get frustrated by the way people use unfunny jokes but chuck in a swear word to try get the laugh.

I'm not against swearing in jokes, I just think it doesn't need to be there if the joke is funny unless its part of the meaning.

I'm glad Nick agreed with me as I was trying to compliment his joke.

I open to other opinions if anyone has any?

It's not funny with it but no funnier without. To be honest. My last comment with the f word was juxtapositionally funny.

First I put a triangle up my bum, then a circle and then a square. The doctor says he can see a pattern emerging.

Quote: Nick81 @ 4th February 2014, 1:02 PM GMT

The Justin Bieber joke is about the fact Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse both died of drug overdoses at 27.

Regardless, the joke had already been done many times.

And Jimi Hendrix, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and others.

The only difference is these were good musicians.

Sorry it's late but I was searching something out and came across this which I'd never seen before.

what were you researching

Re: swearword debate.

What do you call a man walking down the street with a fire extinguisher on his head?

A F**king idiot.

or

What do you call a man walking down the street with a fire extinguisher on his head?

An idiot.

1st one is funnier, I think.

Nothing. Unless you want a good hosing.

He looked a little put out to me!

Quote: Reg N @ 17th August 2014, 5:09 PM BST

Re: swearword debate.

A F**king idiot.

or

An idiot.

1st one is funnier, I think.

Honestly, I don't think either are funny, and you have used a wonderful example, because if the joke isn't funny without the word "F**King" just randomly thrown in to make you laugh then why bother telling it?

you might as well just go up to everyone and say "F**king"
they will still laugh!

What do you call a man who's the biggest little idiot you have ever seen?
A f**king oxymoron

He's disproved your point with that joke. You just don't like swearing.