4 Cold Feet?

Do you mean 5?

Is 16 Garrett?

8. Elysian Fields

15. The War of Jenkins' Ear

5 Cold Feet

11. Tolpuddle Martyrs.

Friday Quiz March 21st 2014
1.Who announced yesterday that she is releasing a new album, 78 years after she released her first recording? Dame Vera Lynn
2.Which football club is preparing for its 1000th game under the same manager tomorrow? Arsenal
3.What is the name of the herb, grown for its roots, which are crushed to make a pungent sauce, sometimes served with roast beef? Horseradish
4.Who is this? Pitbull

5.In skiing, what name is given to the braking technique that involves moving the skis into the shape of an inverted 'V' ? Snowplough
6.A sheep appears, along with the Union Jack, on the flag of which British Overseas Territory? Falkland Islands
7.What is the only film to win the Oscar for Best Picture without featuring a single female speaking role? Lawrence of Arabia (a grudging ½ mark for The Artist)
8.In Greek mythology, where do the souls of the righteous go after death? Elysian Fields
9.What links the following? Aurora

10.Name the designer Stella McCartney (the Falabella)
11.What were the Dorset labourers who formed a union and were later deported to Australia known as? Tolpuddle Martyrs
12.Gary and Brian are both names from fiction of what kind of creature? Snail
13.Name the film Goodbye Mr Chips
14.Which Verdi opera is about a Shakespearian knight? Falstaff
15.Which war between Britain and Spain takes its name from an 18th century incident when a British sea captain had part of his anatomy removed by Spanish coastguards who boarded his ship? The War of Jenkins' Ear
16.Which word, derived from the Old French for a 'splinter of wood', is used to describe an artist's workshop or studio? Atelier
17.Which astronomical event, previously observed in 1882, was visible with eye protection in the UK in June 2004? The transit of Venus
18.What is the smallest combination of notes and coins you would need in order to make every combination between 1p and £10? 1p, 2p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £1, £2, £5 or 1p, 2p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2, £2, £5

19.What links these pictures: Italian cities (VENICE beach; ROMA; author MILAN Kundera and GENOA cake)

20.Unscramble the two words A B E E J K L L N O U U. BANJO & UKULELE

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th June 2014, 9:24 AM BST

No - I think you're wrong there.

No googling max of 2 answers each today then tomorrow as many as you wish

If the answer to 15 is anorak, I'm going to punch Sunshine next time I see him!

Or you could just jot my number in a book

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th June 2014, 12:30 AM BST

Or you could just jot my number in a book

Angry Angry Angry

Anyway, 11 is Birmingham New Street.

A bit tricky this week. I will take a punt on:

16. Foil

17. Vice-President

13. Mosquito Coast

7. Belle and Sebastian

19. British Prime Ministers (dunno the first pic, Earl Grey, Robert Peel, Pitt, Earl of Liverpool)

10 Mexico

5. Roast